Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Sudoku CSE [ASM] [CSE]

Started by unknownloner, June 11, 2015, 09:41:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheMachine02

RLE could do it, but I guess it will show less gain over this particular algorithm (except if you use bit instead, but it start to be a bit more complicated).

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: unknownloner on June 12, 2015, 09:03:58 AM
Alright so some math stats

I did some tests on the puzzles I have right now. They're all what I'd classify under "hard" or "very hard" difficulties right now, but don't worry I'll be converting many to easier puzzles.
Anyhow, given my current set of 8321 puzzles:
These puzzles have on average 24-25 starting numbers. The rest are all zeroes.
I can compress them down to, on average, 22.32 bytes per puzzle.
That means that in 4096 bytes I could store about 188 puzzles.
Realistically it will be less because easier puzzles will take more space, but this is pretty good when you consider a full board is 81 numbers. I'll have quite a few puzzles included and I might not need separate puzzle packs for them.

EDIT:
Oh and the way I'm compressing them is I'm storing them as a series of bits.
To store an empty tile, I have a 0 bit.
To store a non-empty tile I have a 1 bit, followed by 4 bits representing the tile's number.
Pretty simple really.
Will they be in order of difficulty? Some games often add super hard levels just between two early easy levels.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

unknownloner

You'll be presented with a choice of difficulty, and after selecting a difficulty you'll be able to choose a board from it.

/)

Dream of Omnimaga

Ah I see. Seems good to me. Will the harder boards in each section only unlock themselves after beating the previous one? It would be nice if the game showed which one you have beaten at least once so you can 100% the game.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

unknownloner

It'll show you which ones you've beaten, but there won't be an unlocking system. I don't really have a good way to judge how difficult a board is other than to count how many numbers are given to you when you start, so it's just going to be organized based on that.

/)

Dream of Omnimaga

Aah that still seems good to me at least. It just sucks if there is no indication about which level you have beaten in a game and you try to remember. :P

unknownloner

Not much but we're gettin' somewhere

/)

Unicorn

For a level editor?
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

unknownloner

Nah, just figuring out how I want the board to look. I feel like a level editor is too niche for a calculator sudoku game.

/)

Unicorn

Ah, I see, also nice signature :P
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

unknownloner

Now with 20% more numbers!
This actually loads from my compressed file format too, so that works!

/)

Snektron

whoa that looks kinda cool! How is the letter drawing speed and such btw? (since it still is the cse :P)
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

unknownloner

It's not bad. It could be a bit faster if I went for speed over size but I think the current speed will be fine

/)

Dream of Omnimaga

Seems pretty good so far. :) How large is it right now?

Unicorn

^
I like how crisp the letters are.

??? ??? ??? ??? ???