Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Please wait until this news item has been loaded

Started by Yuki, July 12, 2017, 04:53:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yuki

Well, if you live in the United States like some of our users do (plus we're a .us), you'd hate that while giants like Google and Netflix just loads snappily, right? Or even, you'd have to pay extra to get to CodeWalrus and most of your other favourite sites? Well, the FCC, Comcast, and Verizon are trying to make it happen, and everyone else thinks it's completely stupid.

July 12 is another of these days where the entire Internet community are standing out for Net Neutrality, and we're happy to join their forces, however small we are, but eh, it's the thought that counts, we'd definitely hate if some weird giant ISP would prevent anyone to access our humble site. After all, everyone should have the right to access whatever information from our site equally from the other sites.

Join the fight! https://www.battleforthenet.com/july12/
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

gameblabla

The Americans are clearly inferior to the french !
They kill innocent mexicans at the US-mexico border, they eat burgers all days, they destroy their own land and they don't like the afro-americans !
THEY MUST DIE

So it is no surprise that they would do something like dis
  • Calculators owned: None (used to own an Nspire and TI-89)

Dream of Omnimaga

To be honest, I kinda got tired of following all those net neutrality announcements because since 2005, there has been a new petition or two and "fight for our freedom" news article plastered everywhere including my e-mail inbox every single year. We win everytime, but they always sneak a new bill/law/policy again under a new name.

I still think we should fight. But if we win this battle, expect having to fight again for a similar cause in 6 months. Those companies are really starting to get annoying.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Yuki

True that. They're trying to pass a similar bill each year, it's the same song each time, it's getting real annoying, but we must still fight each time so they won't pass it while we aren't looking. Those pesky Republicans are pretty persistent, especially since Trump's tenure.
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

mazhat

@xlibman Reminds me of this paraphrased quote.
"What do we do when the war is over? Get ready for the next one."

People will always take advantage of each other. It's perpetual.
It's a shame that every time we have to say, "It was inevitable".
  • Calculators owned: TI-83Plus, TI-84Plus
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Samsung TAB A (Cheap), DSI, Rasperry PI 3
Sketti

Dream of Omnimaga

I think they just expect the freedom movements to die down over time and that some casual supporters will eventually see the whole ordeal as something similar to the boy who cried wolf, and thus, be able to pass their bill more easily.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

kotu

• Calculators owned: TI 84+CE-T
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Sega Master System, Sony PlayStation 3
SUBSCRIBE TO THE FUTURERAVE.UK MAILING LIST
http://futurerave.uk

Yuki

Well, there's whole organizations, companies whose sole job is to watch whatever the government is doing and launch campaigns whenever something they don't like is happening on the Senate's floor. Plus the fact a bunch of elected people don't really know what they're putting into law in many domains, you gotta watch them closely by those who know about it in case they do something stupid. Like that one time in Indiana where they tried to make pi equals exactly 3 into law. That was stupid.

Anyway, just like how parties keep starting smear campaigns against each other, I'm not sure it would die down. The guys who start those campaigns, it's actually their job, and it's so easy to share whatever they're saying and get behind them and throw money at them, plus people nowadays just believe whatever are thrown at them. So they will just keep doing it as long as they need to...
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN

_iPhoenix_

If that law passed, in Indiana, would wheels in the city limits automatically morph into hexagons?

Quote from: gameblabla on July 12, 2017, 05:29:24 AM
They kill innocent mexicans at the US-mexico border, they eat burgers all days, they destroy their own land and they don't like the afro-americans !
THEY MUST DIE

As an American, I agree.
  • Calculators owned: Two TI-84+ CE's
Please spam here: https://legend-of-iphoenix.github.io/spam/

"walruses are better than tuxedo chickens, all hail the great :walrii:" ~ me
Evolution of my avatar:

kotu

Quote from: _iPhoenix_ on July 14, 2017, 12:07:27 AM
If that law passed, in Indiana, would wheels in the city limits automatically morph into hexagons?

THEY MUST DIE

As an American, I agree.

You agree that the french are better than the americans and the americans must die??

'Tis a sad day.  (-_(//));
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Sega Master System, Sony PlayStation 3

Alvajoy123

THEY MUST DIE

How to rude ok this is how it happen
Ok I was in school ok and I had found way to get over the firewall and see student grade after that I did not know the school was tracking my every move the I told the education board and they found and I could not use the computer ever again on to the end of the school year it was bad for me because I ever thing in my school is done one a computer
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+CE
The maker of Xenon.

kotu

Alvajoy123

Quote from: kotu on July 15, 2017, 07:07:58 AM
@Alvajoy123

did you just lie??  <_<
No I was ban from using computers at my school for the whole year
I still don't know what I was thinking about sending an email when they where tracking my every move I feel dumb for that
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+CE
The maker of Xenon.

gameblabla

Quote from: Alvajoy123 on July 16, 2017, 03:32:29 AM
No I was ban from using computers at my school for the whole year
I still don't know what I was thinking about sending an email when they where tracking my every move I feel dumb for that
yeah... x_x
Probably should have used Tor...

Also i thought cw banned you strange.
  • Calculators owned: None (used to own an Nspire and TI-89)

Yuki

Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN