Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Slowing the randomness section down

Started by novenary, June 23, 2017, 09:17:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

novenary

Up until now, we have been approving pretty much every thread that has been submitted to the randomness section, despite our desire to keep its growth controlled. We have decided to start rejecting some threads in there, in an effort to keep the overall quality of the content posted on CW to a reasonable level.
Thanks for your understanding,
    - CW staff

Dream of Omnimaga

Good move. I originally setup that board to require admin approval for every new topic for a reason, after all: To prevent this section from cluttering the new posts list and to keep its total activity ratio under 5% of the rest of the board
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

novenary

Yeah indeed. There are no fixed criteria, but fun and contained humor will still be approved, however pointless cposting will be restricted to a minimum. We're also considering locking the latter threads after a while to minimize their proliferation.

c4ooo

Good move. If you want to cpost goto reddit/4chan/tumblr :V

Dream of Omnimaga

Which reminds me, I think some of the junk topics should be combined together so that it's easier to find the actually decent (per randomness standards) randomness topics. Eg there was a staff suggestion to lock randomness topics after 2 months of use, but I think signs that you're addicted to CW or such thread could be exempt if they remain under control.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

novenary

ordelore

Quote from: c4ooo on June 23, 2017, 04:50:40 PM
Good move. If you want to s***post goto reddit/4chan/tumblr :V
Paging /r/Jontron
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+SE, TI_Nspire CX
Calc Wars is still alive (I hope)

gameblabla

• Calculators owned: None (used to own an Nspire and TI-89)