Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

DJ goes into a TI programming rampage again

Started by Dream of Omnimaga, June 15, 2016, 03:03:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dream of Omnimaga

In the last decade, the rate at which I release calculator games has been sporadic. After a hiatus of almost three years from programming that ended in late 2012, I released 5 new games, although they were smaller in size compared to the RPGs I was releasing over a decade ago. Then in 2014 I released no new game and only one, First Fantasy, came out in 2015. However, after gaining some weird ideas, especially after discovering some CE Textlib hacks and when Sprites v3.x came out, I went on a roll and so far, in 2016, I have released 4 new games, although two are meant to be satirical, and at least another one is currently in the works, although the CE Textlib version will be replaced with a Sprites one.

Without further ado, here are the new CodeWalrus releases by me in the last few months. The first three requires Sprites library, by grosged and the last one requires Doors CSE 8, by KermMartian.

GalagACE (TI-84 Plus CE)

I know that JamesV and Patrick Davidson already made much better TI-84 Plus CE shoot-em-ups in ASM, but for a long while I wanted to jump in the 2D space shooter bandwagon and decided to make one written in hybrid TI-BASIC: GalagACE. This game is actually a remake of the Space Invaders clone I made in early 2002, which could be found in Omnimaga Pack 25 games in 1. I decided to rename it to GalagACE and it now features sprite graphics, 18 stages, 6 bosses and the ability to shoot up to 3 bullets at once on the screen.

Download: http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/467/46735.html (requires Sprites library)
GalagACE discussion topic

Wal-Rush! CE (TI-84 Plus CE)

(Click here for an animated screenshot)
Wal-Rush! CE is a port of JWinslow23's PC and Atari 2600 game called Wal-Rush!, now available for the TI-83 Premium CE and TI-84 Plus CE calculators! In this game, you control Walrii, the CodeWalrus mascot, in its winged form, and must fly your way through various obstacles while eating floating fishes. The game is written in hybrid TI-BASIC with the help of an ASM library called Sprites, by grosged, which can be downloaded here. The game originally used CE Textlib, by DrDnar, found here, and circumvents rectangle command limitations in every way possible, allowing Atari 2600 style graphics. But the switch to Sprites allowed better graphics and much faster speed.

Download: http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/466/46696.html (requires Sprites library)
Wal-Rush! CE discussion topic

Desert Bus II: I Am a Tree (TI-84 Plus CE)

Remember AVGN's most loved game Desert Bus for the Sega CD, where you had to drive a bus in straight line for 8 hours from Tucson, AZ, to Las Vegas? Well, there is now a sequel and it's called Desert Bus II: I Am a Tree! In this sequel, your bus crashed into a tree and you must wait for the towing company to arrive. However you are tired, it's 110°F and the towing truck won't arrive until at least 8 hours. So you must try to stay awake to drink water until it arrives, while staring at the accident scene, else you will die of dehydration.

Download Desert Bus II: I Am a Tree for the TI-84 Plus CE (requires Sprites library)
TI-84 Plus version by JWinslow23
Desert Bus II topic

Opossum Massage Simulator (TI-84 Plus C Silver Edition)

It is widely known on Youtube that opossums have the instinct to repel aliens. :trollface: You can now practice your opossum massaging skills on the TI-84 Plus C Silver Edition and eventually the TI-84 Plus CE! The speed at which you massage the animal depends of his mood. Massaging too fast or too slow will move the cursor in the red or green and if it reaches the limits then it's game over. This is an unnoficial, spiritual sequel to Hong Kong 97 for the Super Nintendo. Gameblabla also ported the game to the TI-Nspire CX and PC, but he altered the storyline and added an extra game mode.

TI-84 Plus C Silver Edition: https://codewalr.us/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=1129.0;attach=969 (requires Doors CSE 8)
TI-Nspire (port by Gameblabla): https://codewalr.us/index.php?topic=670.msg35175#msg35175 (requires Ndless)
PC (Gameblabla): https://codewalr.us/index.php?topic=670.msg35175#msg35175
Opossum Massage Simulator discussion
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Dream of Omnimaga

Woops, I just noticed the GalagACE topic link led to Opossum Massage Simulator. It's fixed now.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Yuki

10/10 best graphic.

Also nice you got on such a rampage, but been a while you did things on monochrome calcs.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

Dream of Omnimaga

Yeah I kinda stopped when the CSE came out. The dual-layer RPG is not dead, though. ;)

Dudeman313

I'm just now seeing these! Awesome! I wish I could play them...maybe add them to the arcade?
  • Calculators owned: TI-84 PCE
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Android O Phone
Does this qualify as a signature? 
The answer is "Sure."

Dream of Omnimaga

Someone would need to port them to the PC or something in order to allow that. :P That said, there is a PC version of Opossum Massage Simulator that got ported to the arcade a few months ago.

Also thanks :)

tr1p1ea

Dream of Omnimaga

Thanks. And lol I wish work didn't get in the way as much. I would probably be pumping out lots of games right now (mostly remakes, though). I was contemplating making a Balltrix color remake.