Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

A faster solution for opening up all my files for Web Development

Started by Ephraim Becker, January 15, 2016, 01:47:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ephraim Becker

Right now, I have to manually open up my HTML, 3 CSS, 2 JS files, the Google Chrome web browser, and my Windows GitHub program one by one (which is very annoying!). Is there a much easier way of doing this with one click? Please don't tell me to use a IDE. I like using Windows Notepad instead.
  • Calculators owned: TI 84 Plus, TI 84 Plus C Silver Edition, TI 84 Plus CE, Casio FX-9750 GII
I have Aspergers Syndrome

p4nix

I'm not so familiar with Windows, so I don't know how powerful batch files can be. But if it's like on windows, I guess there is a way to make an executable script which opens up all your program at the press of a button.
You might look into that: http://www.online-tech-tips.com/computer-tips/create-windows-batch-files/

EDIT:
I still don't know if you can open multiple files in notepad that way... I suggest using Notepad++, it's just as Notepad, but with syntax highlighting and stuff which would help you to write your code so that others can understand it.

EDIT2: fixed link :)
  • Calculators owned: fx9860GII (SH4)

Travis

There are several text editors (not necessarily IDEs, but editors) that support sessions that automatically open up the last files that were edited. Opening up other programs can likely be scripted. Windows has had a scripting host that supports languages like VBscript, Jscript, etc. But I know nothing about it, not having used Windows as a primary OS in a decade. Sounds like something to look into, though.

Batch files are simple and will likely work for very simple tasks like opening programs and loading a file as well.
  • Calculators owned: TI-81, TI-82, TI-85, TI-86, TI-89, TI-89 Titanium, 2 × HP 50g
ticalc.org staff member—http://www.ticalc.org/

Snektron

Quote from: Ephraim Becker on January 15, 2016, 01:47:25 PM
Right now, I have to manually open up my HTML, 3 CSS, 2 JS files, the Google Chrome web browser, and my Windows GitHub program one by one (which is very annoying!). Is there a much easier way of doing this with one click? Please don't tell me to use a IDE. I like using Windows Notepad instead.

if you like notepad then maybe you'd like to get Notepad++ though.
It has things like multi tabs and you can get a load of plugins for it, for exampl to format your JS script.
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...