Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

iPhone Overheating

Started by SiphonicSugar, January 18, 2017, 12:23:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SiphonicSugar

Hey everyone, I have a major problem here. I have an iPhone 6s, and lately, the battery has not been charging up farther than 86%, even after 6 hours of charging, the phone will randomly shut off saying it does not have any battery, though it has 75% or what not. It heats up A LOT when I use it. Keeping it plugged in heats it up so much that it gives me a temperature message saying it needs to sit for a while.   >:(

PLEASE HELP
  • Calculators owned: TI-89, TI-84 Plus, TI-92, TI-84 Plus C SE, and TI-Nspire CAS with Touchpad
I'm just trying to grab some inspiration. :P

p2

that's a major battery failure. If you are still inside the 2 years granted by apple, you should get a free replacement for the battery.
Just go to the Genius bar in the same apple store you bought the device. (book it online using your apple-id).
If not, you should replace the battery yourself. iFixIt.com should be a great help then :) (I DO NOT RECOMMEND DOING IT YOURSELF)

Edit: since it's a 6S which was announced end of 2015 you obviously still are inside the period.
  • Calculators owned: ti-83+, ti-84+, ti-84+, ti-84+se, ti-84+se(te), ti-nsphire, ti-nsphire CAS, ti-nsphire CX-CAS, ti-voyage, ti-voyage, Who reads this list anyways...?
Anyway war sucks. Just bring us your food instead of missiles  :P ~ DJ Omnimaga (11.10.2016 20:21:48)
if you cant get a jframe set up, draw stuff to it, and receive input, i can only imagine how horrible your game code is _._   ~ c4ooo (14.11.2016 22:44:07)
If they pull a Harambe on me tell my family I love them ~ u/Pwntear37d (AssangeWatch /r/)
make Walrii great again ~ DJ Omnimaga (28.11.2016 23:01:31)
God invented the pc, satan the smartphone I guess ~ p4nix (16.02.2017 22:51:49)

Snektron

You can probably also get a 3rd party service to repair your phone, but i recommend not waiting too long. We don't want a samsung to happen here ;)
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

Dream of Omnimaga

It's because it's an iPhone. Apple holds the honorable distinction of having invented explosive phones long before Samsung released the Galaxy Note 7, although this mostly happened with iPhone 3 and 4's IIRC. :P

More seriously, though, this is definitively a sign of a failing battery and you definitively should get the phone repaired as soon as possible (or replaced if the warranty is still valid) and keep its use to a minimum until then.

Also, something to keep in mind: Phone batteries should never be left discharged at 0% for extended periods of time. This will damage the battery over time.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

SiphonicSugar

Quote from: Snektron on January 18, 2017, 12:36:16 PM
You can probably also get a 3rd party service to repair your phone, but i recommend not waiting too long. We don't want a samsung to happen here ;)

Man, I just realized that that could happen.
  • Calculators owned: TI-89, TI-84 Plus, TI-92, TI-84 Plus C SE, and TI-Nspire CAS with Touchpad
I'm just trying to grab some inspiration. :P

Sorunome

Well, the Note 7 exploded quite often because samsung didn't leave enough space for the battery to expand, battery swelling is a normal thing as long as it is not too much.

So, the question is.......is your battery inflating? o.O

If some sheets within the battery get into contact (e.g. due to pressure because of too much battery swelling) the battery will catch fire.
  • Calculators owned: Too many (why are you even reading this?)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Gamebuino!
This is a signature.
And now......give me an internet!

To be or not to be.........is that even a question? Who gets to decide this anyways?

kotu

Quote from: Sorunome on January 18, 2017, 11:33:06 PM
If some sheets within the battery get into contact (e.g. due to pressure because of too much battery swelling) the battery will catch fire.

oh nooo!
  • Calculators owned: TI 84+CE-T
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Sega Master System, Sony PlayStation 3
SUBSCRIBE TO THE FUTURERAVE.UK MAILING LIST
http://futurerave.uk