Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

New member introductions: Say hello here!

Started by Dream of Omnimaga, November 20, 2014, 02:27:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

princetonlion.tibd

Yeah, which is why I like them :)

And it is because of the size
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+, TI-84 + CSE, Voyager 200, TI-Nspire
Anyway war sucks. Just bring us your food instead of missiles  :P ~ DJ Omnimaga (11.10.2016 20:21:48)

Unicorn

lol, they are big, but they could totally fit in my pockets :P
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Dream of Omnimaga

Not even close in my case. Heck, nowadays a TI-84+ barely fits in them. It used to back when teens wore oversized pants and t-shirts in the late 90's and early 2000's but that's not the case anymore (for now)
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

mauriciomunuera

Hi, guys!
This forum talks about EVERYTHING I love. I'm a programmer, have a collection of 8bit computers, am a photographer and artist, and now I'm studying electronics engineering.
I have a huge passion for graphing calculators, and I use them both in math and in art. My favourite ones are the classic HP, but I've been fidgeting with a TI-84+CSE and finding some nice stuff. (I just bought it because it uses a Z80 processor, my favourite processor ever).
Now I'm trying to use an app called Zoom Math on it. It seems pretty cool, but I can't afford the license.
Well, I think that's it. Hope to chat a lot with you guys, and exchange experiences and information.
BTW, sorry for my clumsy english, I'm brazilian.
Best wishes for all!
  • Calculators owned: HP 35s, HP 50g, HP 20s, HP 10s+, TI 84+CSE, TI 82, Novus Mathematician, Sharp EL-8103

Dream of Omnimaga

Heya @mauriciomunuera and welcome to CodeWalrus. Glad to see another calculator and 8-bit computer lover here. I really need to buy a Commodore 64 at some point :)

Don't worry about your English, most CodeWalrus members speak Dutch, French, German or other languages. (In fact your English seems very good)

Feel free to share your photos, art and creations with us. Same if you create programs, and feel free to share your thoughts in other forum topics as well. :)

By the way, which 8-bit computers do you currently own?
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

mauriciomunuera

Thank you, DJ! It's very kind of you!
Well, my collection right now has: Commodore 64, Commodore Amiga 600, Microdigital TK3000//e (a brazilian clone of the Apple IIe), Prologica CP-500M80c (a brazilian clone of the TRS-80, but with some improvements), two PC-XTs, an MSX DD+, and a lot of 386/486 parts and computers (including two 386 laptops from the late 80s).
I had a few more things, but had to sell them :(
You can see some of my photos on my flickr. It's out of date, but you can get the gist of what I do: www.flickr.com/photos/mauriciomunuera
Sure, I'll love to share my programs! Eleven years ago (I was 13 yo) I developed a library system using Clipper and dBase. I'm not bragging, but I have to admit it was pretty tight, complete and stable. :) I guess that was my biggest accomplishment, other than that I only wrote some small and silly programs.
Right now I'm working on a derivative and integral program for my HP35s. I want to make it more user-friendly (as far as the calculator allows me), and correct a few bugs. But when I finish I'll share the code with you guys.
  • Calculators owned: HP 35s, HP 50g, HP 20s, HP 10s+, TI 84+CSE, TI 82, Novus Mathematician, Sharp EL-8103

novenary

Welcome to CodeWalrus, enjoy you stay ! ^_^

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: mauriciomunuera on September 23, 2015, 08:04:08 AM

Thank you, DJ! It's very kind of you!
Well, my collection right now has: Commodore 64, Commodore Amiga 600, Microdigital TK3000//e (a brazilian clone of the Apple IIe), Prologica CP-500M80c (a brazilian clone of the TRS-80, but with some improvements), two PC-XTs, an MSX DD+, and a lot of 386/486 parts and computers (including two 386 laptops from the late 80s).
I had a few more things, but had to sell them :(
You can see some of my photos on my flickr. It's out of date, but you can get the gist of what I do: www.flickr.com/photos/mauriciomunuera
Sure, I'll love to share my programs! Eleven years ago (I was 13 yo) I developed a library system using Clipper and dBase. I'm not bragging, but I have to admit it was pretty tight, complete and stable. :) I guess that was my biggest accomplishment, other than that I only wrote some small and silly programs.
Right now I'm working on a derivative and integral program for my HP35s. I want to make it more user-friendly (as far as the calculator allows me), and correct a few bugs. But when I finish I'll share the code with you guys.
Nice collection. :D Also the HP 35s was very popular IIRC. Wasn't it remade as well?

And good to hear :)

Ivoah

Quote from: mauriciomunuera on September 23, 2015, 06:24:00 AM
Hi, guys!
This forum talks about EVERYTHING I love. I'm a programmer, have a collection of 8bit computers, am a photographer and artist, and now I'm studying electronics engineering.
I have a huge passion for graphing calculators, and I use them both in math and in art. My favourite ones are the classic HP, but I've been fidgeting with a TI-84+CSE and finding some nice stuff. (I just bought it because it uses a Z80 processor, my favourite processor ever).
Now I'm trying to use an app called Zoom Math on it. It seems pretty cool, but I can't afford the license.
Well, I think that's it. Hope to chat a lot with you guys, and exchange experiences and information.
Best wishes for all!

If you really want to do z80 stuff, you should get a monochrome 84+ SE, they're much easier to program, given that the LCD controller is simpler. There are also more assembly programs for it, including an on-calc assembler/IDE (http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/431/43140.html).
  • Calculators owned: TI-86 (now broken), TI SR-56, TI-Nspire CX CAS, TI-84+ SE, TI-84+ SE, TI-85, TI-73 Explorer VS, ViewScreen, TI-84+ CSE, TI-83+ SE

Dream of Omnimaga

On the other hand, the CSE can be quite entertaining if you like pushing such hardware to their limits. :)

mauriciomunuera

Yes, the HP 35 is an amazing calculator. They remade it as the HP 35s (which is the one I own). I prefer the vintage one, but they're usually much more expensive.

The monochrome TI84 is great. But I already have the TI82, so the color display on the CSE is a nice addition for me. I was planning on writing an emulator for ZX Spectum or TRS-80 on the CSE, but I guess I was thinking too high. I don't even know if that's possible, but it would be nice to run those programs straight on the Z80.

Unicorn

Welcome mauriciomunuera! (what a nick) :P
personally I would love to see more programs for the CSE :)
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: mauriciomunuera on September 23, 2015, 07:15:59 PM
Yes, the HP 35 is an amazing calculator. They remade it as the HP 35s (which is the one I own). I prefer the vintage one, but they're usually much more expensive.

The monochrome TI84 is great. But I already have the TI82, so the color display on the CSE is a nice addition for me. I was planning on writing an emulator for ZX Spectum or TRS-80 on the CSE, but I guess I was thinking too high. I don't even know if that's possible, but it would be nice to run those programs straight on the Z80.
There is actually a ZX Spectrum emulator for the TI-89 and 92. I am curious about if the CSE could handle one. The main issue is that the screen is slow (to refresh the entire screen with 1 color it takes 0.25 seconds), so you would need to use some tricks.

Do you have an HP Prime, by the way? It's more aimed at students, unlike previous HP models, but I like it since its main language is incredibly fast. I bet someone could write an HP 35s emulator in HP PPL.

alexgt

Quote from: mauriciomunuera on September 23, 2015, 06:24:00 AM
Hi, guys!
Best wishes for all!
Sotty for beeing lae but welcome to the forums ;)
  • Calculators owned: Ti-84+, Ti-Nspire, Hp Prime, Broken HP Prime, HP 48SX

mauriciomunuera

Yeah, I'm not very creative when it comes to nicknames. I always use my actual name, otherwise I'll forget what it was. lol

Really? I didn't know about the emulator! I'll check it out :)
Yeah, the display is very slow, but there might be some trick for it. I need to do some research.

I don't have an HP Prime yet. I want to buy one, but I'll wait a little bit to see if the price drops. I also want to buy the TI Nspire (and a TI Voyager, and an HP 42, and a lot of other calcs  9_9)

Thanks for the welcome, guys!