Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

New member introductions: Say hello here!

Started by Dream of Omnimaga, November 20, 2014, 02:27:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unicorn

Quote from: Cumred_Snektron on July 28, 2015, 07:25:08 PM
eh. I quite like mathprint. it's quite handy for, you know, math.
Yeah, but not for programming :P
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Snektron

I haven't had much problems with it actually. I don't get how programs manage to get errors with it
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

Unicorn

Quote from: Cumred_Snektron on July 28, 2015, 07:38:16 PM
I haven't had much problems with it actually. I don't get how programs manage to get errors with it
it slows them down, I made one without Classic enabled, and it ran suuuuuper slow
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: Cumred_Snektron on July 28, 2015, 07:38:16 PM
THe OS broke compatibility with some of them. The most notable bug is with inverted text on the home screen. For example Reuben 2 BASIC and The Reign of Legends 2 have display issues in OS 2.53 MP or higher, Omnicalc and xLIB will not install and it made it very hard for ASM coders to port programs. Just ask KermMartian how much trouble he had getting DCS7 to work properly in MP OSes before its 2010 release.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

utz

Now ain't I a stinker... nicely derailing the thread for a whole page and then not saying hi to anyone who joined after me. Sorry for that, and welcome @flimflam, @allynfolksjr, @gbl08ma, and @chelsey-dagger.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82, TI-83, TI-83+, TI-85, TI-86, TI-92+, Sharp PC-1403

Dream of Omnimaga

Lol it's fine :P, also I think allynfolksjr/Nikky joined a long while ago, although he usually doesn't post much.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

c4ooo

Hello, I am c4ooo. I started programming calculators in ti-basic slightly more then 2 years ago,and at that time I made a game, Lazer 1, submitting it to ticalc. I was using a school calc, so when the school year ended I stopped programming. Then about 7 months ago I laid my eyes on a ti84+, and some spirit awoke inside me, causing me to buy a calc and start programming again. About a weak later, I needed some help with axe and joined omnimaga. There I become, along with JWinslow and... (Ugh pimath why?) in charge of running the code golf rebooted contests (CGR). After very few iterations CGR became dead, and a conversation I had with pimathbrainiac about CGR caused him to lash out and do what he did. I hope he is ok  :'(

Dream of Omnimaga

Heya and nice to see another calculator programmer :). I am glad you could get your own calculator so you could pursue your hobby. DO you still use Axe, by the way?

As for Code Golf I think the lack of interest was more because there were 22 contests already, so the novelty effect from the first series was probably too far away to allow a reboot to last more than 2 or 3 contests, but it had a quite long run for a community-ran contest. I have been around for 14 years and most contests that were not ran by site admins often had 1-2 entries at most. I am surprised that the 2012 Armageddon Contest even got any success. Ideally, it's better to try something new once in a while or offer prizes, but offering prizes for CGR would cause anyone to go bankrupt lol. It was definitvely a good run, though.

One idea, though, would be to space the contests out more and involve more game-related themes (eg video game-based riddles). One contest every week is hard to participate to when we are busy with work and family sometimes, even moreso with school, so maybe one a month?

Anyway I hope you enjoy your stay :)

Unicorn

Welcome c4ooo! I hope the past events have not caused you to join here. But is always nice to have another walruser around :)

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

c4ooo

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on August 10, 2015, 04:49:14 AM
Heya and nice to see another calculator programmer :). I am glad you could get your own calculator so you could pursue your hobby. DO you still use Axe, by the way?

As for Code Golf I think the lack of interest was more because there were 22 contests already, so the novelty effect from the first series was probably too far away to allow a reboot to last more than 2 or 3 contests, but it had a quite long run for a community-ran contest. I have been around for 14 years and most contests that were not ran by site admins often had 1-2 entries at most. I am surprised that the 2012 Armageddon Contest even got any success. Ideally, it's better to try something new once in a while or offer prizes, but offering prizes for CGR would cause anyone to go bankrupt lol. It was definitvely a good run, though.

One idea, though, would be to space the contests out more and involve more game-related themes (eg video game-based riddles). One contest every week is hard to participate to when we are busy with work and family sometimes, even moreso with school, so maybe one a month?

Anyway I hope you enjoy your stay :)
Thanks man. To answer your question I do still use axe, but I want to get into asm programing eventually. I still don't know what to do with CGR, but i will think of something; maybe have a hack-a-thon.
Quote from: Unicorn on August 10, 2015, 05:06:15 AM
Welcome c4ooo! I hope the past events have not caused you to join here. But is always nice to have another walruser around :)
They sort of did. Is that bad?  :-|  But hey, code walrus looks like a good site, and it seems I will enjoy my stay. :)

Also you guys should know that I sometimes fail at spelling in angloish, and that I use an iPad, which can lead to some creative spelling in the language. I obviously proof read my posts, but some mistakes do slip through.

Dream of Omnimaga

Aah ok cool to hear. I never got ASM but it's good to see new people using it. :)

As for what Unicorn says it might be mis-worded, but it's not bad, since pretty much anything could have happened that would have resulted into you discovering the site (even Google). As for spelling it's generally best to do an effort but we understand that English is not everyone's native language (most people don't speak it as native language here, including myself :P). I generally prefer to disable auto-correct on Android, though, because it often caused more troubles than benefits. :P

Unicorn

Yeah, its not a bad thing. I didnt mean it to come out that way. ;)

And boy, am I a great speeler(just ask anyone a cemetech :P), I mostly butcher words when I am on my kindle, anyways. So I get that. :)

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

princetonlion.tibd

Welcome c4ooo! I butcher words on my iPod

And my iPod butchers everything else :P
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+, TI-84 + CSE, Voyager 200, TI-Nspire
Anyway war sucks. Just bring us your food instead of missiles  :P ~ DJ Omnimaga (11.10.2016 20:21:48)

Dream of Omnimaga

iso

New here, long time graphing calculator enthusiast. Reading the calculator manual helped me ace my math classes in high school and I've passed on my knowledge to other calculator geeks in my family. It's really great to see how much has changed and that the community is still thriving.
  • Calculators owned: TI-84 Plus Silver Edition