Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Anybody considered making a Sega Master System/Game Gear emulator for the 84+CE?

Started by Kacheekfreak09, February 17, 2019, 05:55:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kacheekfreak09

I mean, think about it! Both the SMS and 84+ CE have similar CPUs, and if the 84 is powerful enough to emulate the GB, it really shouldn't be much of a problem. I honestly would LOVE to just be able to play STH and Alex Kidd on my calc, even if it's the inferior verisons.

Yuki

Just like the GB, the graphics driver probably isn't the same as on the 84+CE, and it would have to support any instruction the SMS/GG have the calc don't support natively, but other than that, that's not a crazy idea.

On that, a lot of old computers (mostly CP/M based) also uses a Z80, I'd like to see CP/M ported on the 84+ as an OS.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

Dream of Omnimaga

• Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

gameblabla

RAM would definitely be a factor if you want to make well anything on it...Pretty sure something like SMS_SDL could have ran on it (albeit slowly) if it wasn't for the low amount of RAM.And not a lot of people are called calc84maniac on earth. (nor do they have the patience for that)
Even if you somehow manage to have the CPU taken out of the equation, there's still the fact thatyou need to emulate the VDP chip and those are more complex than the good old game boy.
  • Calculators owned: None (used to own an Nspire and TI-89)