Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

[Minecraft] [HP Prime] MinePrime - Minecraft on a Hp Prime!

Started by alexgt, April 20, 2015, 12:22:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alexgt

With the new firm ware? it isn't working for me GROB two stays at 0x0 when I try to set it at 1600x800 :(. If this is on purpose I might have to recode it all :(. I will download the latest version from here and try it out... this makes me sad :( :'( :( even :walrii: is sad :'(

EDIT: I tried it with the emulator and it worked fine
  • Calculators owned: Ti-84+, Ti-Nspire, Hp Prime, Broken HP Prime, HP 48SX

Unicorn

• Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

alexgt

ikr :'(. It works on the emulator so updates might be paused until the next firmware update :(

Unicorn

The emulator probably isn't updated to firmware yet.
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

alexgt

Ohhh.... true I will see about that now thanks :P

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: alexgt on May 16, 2015, 10:44:05 PM
With the new firm ware? it isn't working for me GROB two stays at 0x0 when I try to set it at 1600x800 :(. If this is on purpose I might have to recode it all :(. I will download the latest version from here and try it out... this makes me sad :( :'( :( even :walrii: is sad :'(

EDIT: I tried it with the emulator and it worked fine
Wow that sucks. I think that either they broke the BLIT or DIMGROB commands or they decided to add a limit about its size. Could you test via a FOR loop if it works with smaller ones? (have it increase in size via the loop).

@timwessman definitively has to investigate and get this fixed, because many older programs probably no longer work now.

I would suggest downgrading to the previous firmware and warn MinePrime users that the game will not run on the latest firmware.

In case Tim doesn't check CodeWalrus anymore, you might want to create a new topic about the bug at http://www.hpmuseum.org/forum/forum-5.html
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U
Now active at https://discord.gg/cuZcfcF (CodeWalrus server)

alexgt

I think they limited the size because I tried this code:
FOR A FROM 1 TO 800 DO
DIMGROB_P(G1,A*2,A);
DIMGROB_P(G2,A*2,A);
END;

Instead of:
DIMGROB_P(G1,1600,800);
DIMGROB_P(G2,1600,800);

and it only went up to 1075x552 or something like that so your games will probably be good but MinePrime will not fair well, especially the smooth scrolling :'(. I really hope this is  a bug I really don't want to recode it even though I could with 3 GROBS but still I would probably have to start from scratch :(.

I will make an account there and make a topic... I should have an account already come to think of it since I have a Prime :P.

bb010g

Quote from: alexgt on May 17, 2015, 04:13:50 PM
and it only went up to 1075x552 or something like that
Maybe this is to fix those memory crashes that would sometimes happen after GROB-happy programs? I haven't really had any, but I know @DJ Omnimaga has reported some in the past.
  • Calculators owned: HP 50g, Prime, 28S, 35S, Casio Prizm, dead Nspire CX CAS

alexgt

I forgot to mention this, but I think it is a bug or they didn't block the size fully because G1 or the left of the world works fine.

Dream of Omnimaga

Oh I see now. You are using DIMGROB (based on graph coordinated) instead of DIMGROB_P (pixels).
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

alexgt

Oops that is a mistake I will change it to DIMGROB_P() in the example because that is what I actually use :P sorry.

Dream of Omnimaga

Be sure to post an example on the HP thread and also a link to your gamr by the way. Tim usually requires the non working program.

alexgt

I put a link to here but I will do that to.

EDIT: I tried to make an attachment and it said it was an incorrect file type?!

Dream of Omnimaga

Oh you need to put it in a zip file if I remember correctly. Unless you mean HP Museum?

EDIT: I just realized this topic has the ID 404 O.O

EDIT: By the way have you ever thought about using 8x8 tiles and 160x120 instead? That would give you more room even with limitations. In any case I hope this project continues no matter what.

Unicorn

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on May 17, 2015, 10:20:58 PM
EDIT: I just realized this topic has the ID 404 O.O

That doesn't seem good.

??? ??? ??? ??? ???