Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

CodeWalrus turns 1 year old

Started by Dream of Omnimaga, October 24, 2015, 05:26:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dream of Omnimaga

Hmm... walriiversary, that is a good idea for next year.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Dream of Omnimaga

And now this SMF 2.0 forum has been in operation for 1 year exactly today
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Yuki

• Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

novenary

It's nice that we made it so far. A big thanks to everyone who contributed to the community, we couldn't have done it without you guys. Looking forward to the 1st year of public activity. :)

p4nix

You are the guys that made it so far :P Without you, the community here wouldn't exist :P I don't know about other calccommunities, but I joined here because all english/german casio forums already died and because I can't really have fun on planet-casio without being able to read french...

So thanks alot!
  • Calculators owned: fx9860GII (SH4)

alexgt

Thank you staff, you guys made CW look inviting and that is what made me join the community ;)
  • Calculators owned: Ti-84+, Ti-Nspire, Hp Prime, Broken HP Prime, HP 48SX

Yuki

Hehe, I'm glad we grew to this point in only one year. One year ago, we started the revolution, and I'm glad many people followed. I'd like to thank everyone of you for making this project possible.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

Snektron

Congrats CW :) On to many more years! :P
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

alexgt

Quote from: Cumred_Snektron on November 13, 2015, 12:11:25 AM
Congrats CW :) On to many more years! :P
And many more projects, posts, users, and stuff :)

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: Juju on November 12, 2015, 07:11:47 PM
One year ago, we started the revolution
Actually, the revolution almost started four years ago. I just found one old post by me on Omni, made out of anger in September 2011, mentioning that I was about to start a new calc/music forum (juju had to edit it when I calmed down and changed my mind, because I was banned for 2 weeks) O.O

alexgt

Wow, that is kinda crazy that it lead to CW (personally I am glad it did but sad it was under those circumstances :()

Dream of Omnimaga

Yeah true, although sadly it was inevitable and only a matter of time, honestly. I wish other alternatives could have been used, but it became clear at one point that they would not work out. Perhaps CW should have opened at least one year earlier, though.

novenary

To be honest I didn't see any reason for us to split before last year. I was gone for a while during winter/spring in 2013/2014 though.

Dream of Omnimaga

It might be that you didn't see everything, since at first it was mainly on IRC. Reasons to split started happening by November 2013, but they didn't spread over the forums until the March 2014 upgrade. Either way, here we are now.

Edit: if we opened too early, maybe we would not have gotten the walrus idea, thus, no :walrii: O.O

novenary

Well I've always been on the irc channel even when I was gone from the forums, I was still sort of active there, but I didn't really see c happening until a while after the forum upgrade (besides the backlash that it caused).