Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Pac-Man CE bug?

Started by Dudeman313, February 12, 2016, 12:45:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dudeman313

Has anyone ever noticed that when you're playing this game, that last berry never gets eaten, and you never receive points for it? Anyone with CEmu can post a screenshot.
  • Calculators owned: TI-84 PCE
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Android O Phone
Does this qualify as a signature? 
The answer is "Sure."

Dream of Omnimaga

I never noticed that since I never could manage to eat the last berry. This version of Pac-Man is incredibly hard because power dots lasts about three times shorter than in the original so it's almost impossible to eat two ghosts in one go. THis sounds like a bug you might want to report to @MateoConLechuga , though.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Dudeman313

The answer is "Sure."

Dream of Omnimaga

You could, unless he notices this topic. Or you could e-mail him or ask in his Cemetech topic (assuming you have an account)
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

MateoConLechuga

I'm always watching :P I'll see what I can do about it :)

Dudeman313

Thanks! Me and my friend can then have our Pac-Tournament we were planning. He's also trying to modify the game so that the ghosts move when it is paused.

Speaking of awesome color things by you, do you plan on completing Super Mario CE?
The answer is "Sure."

MateoConLechuga

Ghosts move when paused? But... Then PacMan could die randomly :P I'll add in a short animation to the title screen maybe, and fix the bug. Is it just on the last fruit, that when you eat it, it doesn't add to your score? And I can make the time for ghosts a little longer too I guess.

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: MateoConLechuga on February 12, 2016, 03:55:13 AM
I'm always watching :P I'll see what I can do about it :)
You're stalking me? O.O

Just kidding. Anyway yeah ghosts moving when paused would be a bit weird. It would probably defeat the point of having a Pause option at all. :P

As for the time it takes for ghosts to go back to normal, you could probably base it on AssemblyBandit's Pac-Man CSE, although his is also different than the original in the way that ghosts takes much longer to get out of their nest (nearly 1 minute for the 4th ghost lol).

Dudeman313

Quote from: MateoConLechuga on February 12, 2016, 04:50:08 AM
Ghosts move when paused? But... Then PacMan could die randomly :P
But that is the point! Challenging!  ;D
Quote from: MateoConLechuga on February 12, 2016, 04:50:08 AM
I'll add in a short animation to the title screen maybe, and fix the bug. Is it just on the last fruit, that when you eat it, it doesn't add to your score? And I can make the time for ghosts a little longer too I guess.
Yup. On screen, you can't even eat it. Sometimes Pac's mouth is closed when the screen flashes and all he does is touch it. He can't eat it when his mouth is open either, so he can't get points for it.
What's your ultimate HS for your Pac-Man game, @MateoConLechuga ? Mine's 25130(4) and my friend's is 33160(3).
The answer is "Sure."