Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

SDL/n2DLib ports for TI Nspire

Started by gameblabla, August 19, 2015, 08:48:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dream of Omnimaga

Wow, that website takes a long while to load. >.<

I am surprised that an homebrew is this cheap, considering I paid $60 for my copy of Pier Solar for the Sega Mega Drive O.O
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

gameblabla

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on October 06, 2015, 05:27:41 AM
Wow, that website takes a long while to load. >.<

I am surprised that an homebrew is this cheap, considering I paid $60 for my copy of Pier Solar for the Sega Mega Drive O.O
It's so cheap because they said they didn't want to make any profits on it.
Also, it uses a standard DVD box but it's still better than burning it yourself since the CDs are pressed.
I think however they pretty much went commercial with this game, they even held off releasing the downloadable builds
so they could sell their Dreamcast copies.

Yeah Pier Solar... I wish i could play it on my Dreamcast and/or Megadrive but i dont' have any money for either versions.
  • Calculators owned: None (used to own an Nspire and TI-89)

Dream of Omnimaga

I see. It's kinda hard to do anything without profit nowadays because you have to do something for a living, and when you do the latter, you run out of time to create any non-profit stuff.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

gameblabla

Retroguru are saying on their website they will release the ports after RetroBarcelona...
This means that you will only be able to play it on October 16th...
That's more than one week in my opinion !

Anyways, got nothing to do other than impossible ports so...

Dream of Omnimaga

Sorry to hear. If only they allowed you to release it on other sites (like ticalc.org) that would have solved the issue. But oh well I guess I can wait (and if they ever go out of business then keep a copy ready for release somewhere else I guess, assuming that it can be legally re-released as a calculator program)

Regardless, thanks for all your work and those ports :). While most are not brand new games (new games are rare on the Nspire), they still brought a massive wave of new TI-Nspire content in the last few years and that's what counts. I'm also glad that you are part of the community as member :)

critor

To my advice, releasing the TI-Nspire port would just help promoting their game.
Because their game is then going to be featured on calculator web sites, on which it wouldn't have been mentionned anyway if it wasn't of the port. Maybe a tiny percentage of the readers are then going to buy the original game (if they own the targetted hardwares), seeing how hard/impossible it is to install Ndless on recently bought TI-Nspire CX.

In the current situation, I won't news about the game while it isn't available for download for the TI-Nspire, and as a side effect, I'm not advertising the game for now.

So a very bad decision from the game developpers, not only for the players but also for themselves, at least in the context of the TI-Nspire port.
(the situation may be different for other ports)

Dream of Omnimaga

Yeah I agree that if they allowed people to release ports elsewhere (as long as they link to the original and give full credits of course) they would get more attention. Besides, they are apparently not in for the profit anyway (unless production costs decreases if they make more copies, but they won't get the extra Google ranking if no one can release ports elsewhere anyway).

gameblabla

Yeah, i don't agree with them too but it's their game and i can't do much about it.
They say they are indies not looking for money but the reality is that they behave as if they were an AAA company.

Anyways, i have ported a new game called Worship Vector.
It is a 3D Wireframe Tower Defense game by quasist, i played for hours on GCW0 before i had to stop.
See ? It's that good.

Here are the controls
Touchpad : Move
TAB/Menu : Switch between categories. (Scan, Buy, Sell, Map menu)
Ctrl : Place Tower, Confirm
+/- : Select tower to put

As for the port itself :
It runs as good as my Another World port on Ti Nspire,
which means it is close to fullspeed.

Anyways, hope you enjoy it.

Dream of Omnimaga

Wow that looks cool :O . I need to try it. Also it will definitively make it to news at one point.

Ivoah

Looks nice. I'll have to try it on my Nspire when I have time.
  • Calculators owned: TI-86 (now broken), TI SR-56, TI-Nspire CX CAS, TI-84+ SE, TI-84+ SE, TI-85, TI-73 Explorer VS, ViewScreen, TI-84+ CSE, TI-83+ SE

novenary

Eyup looks awesome. I need to try your games at one point, but I never really mess with my Nspire.

Dream of Omnimaga

By the way @gameblabla , good move of you to have ported Pocket SNES to the Nspire already. Pocket SNES official website has disappeared D: http://www.pocketnes.org/

Ivoah

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on October 15, 2015, 09:23:21 PM
By the way @gameblabla , good move of you to have ported Pocket SNES to the Nspire already. Pocket SNES official website has disappeared D: http://www.pocketnes.org/

That's PocketNES, not PocketSNES :P
PocketSNES is alive and well: http://www.pocketsnes.net/
  • Calculators owned: TI-86 (now broken), TI SR-56, TI-Nspire CX CAS, TI-84+ SE, TI-84+ SE, TI-85, TI-73 Explorer VS, ViewScreen, TI-84+ CSE, TI-83+ SE

Dream of Omnimaga

Oh wait, I misread. My bad >.<, I was sure that PocketSNES was terminated and stuff. Still sad, though, since some other platforms could probably have benefited from a port.  Thankfully, the Nspire already has a NES emu, though.

Ivoah

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on October 15, 2015, 09:30:48 PM
Oh wait, I misread. My bad >.<, I was sure that PocketSNES was terminated and stuff. Still sad, though, since some other platforms could probably have benefited from a port.  Thankfully, the Nspire already has a NES emu, though.

The Wayback Machine always exists though :)