Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Making forum skin mobile-friendly

Started by Dream of Omnimaga, January 14, 2015, 07:09:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unicorn

Well, the theme had the user names and avatars above the post,but now, it reverted back to the original and the post box dimensions are smaller. Where the post is displayed that is.
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

novenary

Hmmm weird, so it's not triggering the theme for you either ? Which browser are you using ?

Edit: Lolk, the admin section is completely broken with the small width. I'll call it a wontfix for now because the game. :P
Edit 2: or not, I killed two birds with one stone by fixing the profile page.

Unicorn

The Kindle Experimental browser. :P That won't really help though.
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

novenary

Ah right, I'm sorry but I can't help you with this one. :P

Unicorn

It was working 6 hours and 10 minutes ago for me though...

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

novenary

Oh well I dunno, you're not the only one affected by that it seems.

Dream of Omnimaga

So far it looks very nice on Chrome mobile now. Good job so far. I hope you can fix nicks/avatars in Chrome though and also the recent posts block that fills an entire screen on the board index :)
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

novenary

novenary

Ok I think the theme is mostly done now. If you come across something that's not mobile friendly and/or displays incorrectly, or have suggestions for improvement on what has already changed please post here. :)

Snektron

Actually yeah, the irc is messed up quite badly in then ew theme. For examplke the time is displayed through the text and the text is not cut of properly. Though this might be a "juju issue"
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

novenary

Yup, wirc bug. I'll check it out later today.

Snektron

So yeah, sill a far amount of bugs on my android. Also look at the search bar and facebook/twitter buttons on the first/second image

novenary

Fixed the search bar, hid the facebook/twitter links (they're at the bottom of the page anyway). As for the thread view, it looks like your phone isn't using the mobile css somehow. It's supposed to look like this : <attachment>

And wirc should be fixed now.

Snektron

Ah great :) ow i'll be able to surf in peace on cw :P

Dream of Omnimaga

Btw, some display issues in the board stats page causes page views to be only partially visible.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U