Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Post your requests for pixel art here!

Started by Unicorn, July 21, 2015, 01:29:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unicorn

SO, this is where you can post requests for any type of pixel art. (Just not NSFW)  :thumbsup:

So yeah, I have a request:
Can anyone try to make some 8x8 dice for my Game Of Pig game that would work in a .gif like this one?
[spoiler=LARGE .GIF]

[/spoiler]
I'll then convert it to a .png and put it in my spritesheet:
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

LD Studios

I don't think it's really possible to do something of that complexity in 8x8, but I quickly drew this up in as little space as possible:

sifodias

CKH4

@Unicorn if I can remember to I'll just scale the gif down to whatever the smallest res is that still looks reasonable.

Do you know what the image rights are? I'd rather not reupload it if I'm not supposed to.
Their usage policy is a total downer. There's nothing that you can do with it. http://cliparts.co/terms

I wish that we could all avoid using sites with such restrictive terms.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+, TI-84+

Unicorn

Quote from: CKH4 on July 22, 2015, 12:15:04 PM
@Unicorn if I can remember to I'll just scale the gif down to whatever the smallest res is that still looks reasonable.

Do you know what the image rights are? I'd rather not reupload it if I'm not supposed to.
Their usage policy is a total downer. There's nothing that you can do with it. http://cliparts.co/terms

I wish that we could all avoid using sites with such restrictive terms.
Well, yeah, I had first checked if I could scale it down, and it would come out like a blob, so that wasn't going to work, hence my asking here.

And I honestly forgot about the usage rights O.O

@LD Studios The die you made is two pixels to high. Is there any way to scale that down, or is that how big it has to be?

See the line above the bottom two lines? There also is no need for the black lines outlining it on the outside, as the background it is going on is black.

• Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

CKH4

I scaled it down and it looked fine at 16x16 but still :( because of the usage rights. If you were able to make the die bigger it'd probably be best.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+, TI-84+

Unicorn

Quote from: CKH4 on July 22, 2015, 02:13:35 PM
I scaled it down and it looked fine at 16x16 but still :( because of the usage rights. If you were able to make the die bigger it'd probably be best.
I probably could use LD Studios one, but I would have to have it as 16x16, adn that posses a problem because of the way I display it. I do this:

For(A,0,15
remainder(A,6
real(4,0,75,54,1,1,0,0,7,0,0,Ans+5(Ans>=3
rand(3
real(7,9,75,54,8,8,0
End

I might be able to get it to display all 4 indexes at once, though it would require at least 4 variables.

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

LD Studios

I'll shrink i down a bit when I get home, I can get the height down to 8

Unicorn

I just got some sprites from someone on cemetech, and implemented them in the game. Sorry. What I could do, if you make them 8x8 is use your sprites on menus and things for aesthetic stuff..

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Unicorn

Quote from: LD Studios on July 22, 2015, 04:54:09 PM
8x9

Hmm.. Thanks for that, I think I can use it as decoration. Or maybe if I decide to add a version with 2 die :)

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

alexgt

• Calculators owned: Ti-84+, Ti-Nspire, Hp Prime, Broken HP Prime, HP 48SX

Unicorn

So what kind of sprites? You are doing an RPG, so a person and bushes and dirt? And what sizes? 8x8, 16x16....

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

alexgt

I am leaning twords 8x8 and I will give out a full list of what I need once I have time (the world will be viewed from the top down)
  • Calculators owned: Ti-84+, Ti-Nspire, Hp Prime, Broken HP Prime, HP 48SX

Unicorn

Good, we have the walrii, now you just need to post how you want the character to work.

??? ??? ??? ??? ???