You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here. | New CodeWalrus | Old (dark mode) | Old (light) | Discord server

What series do you watch?

b/Media Talk Started by Snektron, January 25, 2015, 05:01:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

u/::CMG (UTOPIA):: July 22, 2016, 06:24:08 PM
Add me to the "don't watch TV anymore" croud, but I am an avid DVD collector.  Some of the series i have so far are the following...

• Aqua Teen Hunger Force (Seasons 1 - 8 (a.k.a. Unit Patrol Squad))
  • Bones (Seasons 1 & 2)
  • CSI Miami (Seasons 1 - 5)
  • DragonballZ (Seasons 1 - 7)
  • Ed, Edd, & Eddy (Seasons 1 & 2)
  • Law & Order (Seasons 1 - 5)
  • Law & Order SVU (Seasons 1 - 9)
  • Rocko's Modern Life (Complete Season)
  • Ren & Stimpy (Complete Season & Adult Party Cartoon Show)
  • The Simpsons (Seasons 1 & 2)
  • Trippin The Rift (Seasons 1 & 2 + Movie)
My list also includes some stand-up comics (Brian Regan, Carlos Mencia, Lewis Black, Frank Caliendo) a few anime movies (Street Fighter, Fatal Fury, Battle Arena Toshinden), and all of Homestar Runner's DVDS (Except "Everything Else 3"... which is no longer available on their website store).  Obviously when I have the extra cash I add onto my existing collection (like Archer for example)

Also inb4 "y no NetFlix?" because 1. I don't have an account (nor will I have a need to make one) and 2. I rather have physical copies when it comes to tv shows/movies
u/Yuki July 22, 2016, 07:07:50 PM
Quote from: Cumred_Snektron on January 30, 2015, 09:29:23 AM
@Juju don't forget to watch rick and morty, it's awesome :D
I watched it, it's awesome~

I'm not really fond of DVDs and physical copies, and I hardly watch TV anymore either (last time I turned the TV on it was a NHL expansion special on the sports channel, you know, the kind of thing you tweet what's happening at the same time for your followers, and even then it was on my grandma's TV provider's website you can watch the channels on internet, it's pretty nice). All I have is DTV with antenna, Netflix, that one website I watch my anime and cartoons on, oh and YouTube which is an infinite source of interesting content on anything.

So what's I'm currently watching right now, Bananya (cute anime with kittens inside bananas, but it's like 3 minutes/episode), My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, and I'm waiting for more of Rick and Morty. I should pick up another show, I don't watch a lot of them right now. Or I should start writing my own, would be nice.

I'd love to get my hands on Homestar Runner DVDs, love that show, and I listened to some Brian Regan the other day (I love stand-up comics, but I don't really check the English-speaking ones), that was pretty funny. (There's a ponified version of course, but it's so great~)
u/Dream of Omnimaga July 24, 2016, 01:01:53 AM
Do movie series count? Because aside from The Mysterious Cities of gold whenever a new season comes out, I don't watch anything else.

Right now I'm looking into watching Back to the Future cartoon series, though.
u/p2 August 12, 2016, 10:24:05 AM
@aeTIos: if you liked Sword Art Online you should also watch "No Game No Life"  :)
u/Dream of Omnimaga August 12, 2016, 04:23:33 PM
Talking about Sword Art Online, there's a Playstation 4 and PSVita game of it. It's still expensive, though.
u/aetios August 13, 2016, 01:17:54 PM
Quote from: p2 on August 12, 2016, 10:24:05 AM
@aeTIos: if you liked Sword Art Online you should also watch "No Game No Life"  :)
I know NGNL, I watched a few episodes but never continued. I rewatched K-On recently, though.
u/p2 August 14, 2016, 05:01:57 PM
The story of NGNL is as great as the one of SAO but sadly NGNL stoped after a couple of episodes, still waiting for them to release more episodes... :( (same with AttackOnTitan...)
But I'd say these few episodes were definitelsyy worth watching ^^

Just read a summary... Is K-On seriously about a girl struggeling to find her place in a girls band since she cant play any instruments...? Sounds a little bit lame to me...

Got to watch Bananya :D
u/aetios August 16, 2016, 02:16:44 PM
It's not a drama, Yui is not 'struggling' to find her place in the music club. That plot is more like Clannad's :P K-On is really light hearted and humorous and cheesy, very easy to digest. 10/10 recommend.
u/p2 September 27, 2016, 09:04:34 AM
Started watching DragonBall (the old original one) ^^

Also I recently stumbled upon an anime callen Ajin which I can recommend. I only watched the first few episodes yet but it's got a really interesting story:
Some people around the globe are suddenly immortals without anyone knowing why (you cant find out until you die (like in an accident) and suddenly you revive again). So the govs hunt these people to get behind their secrets. ^^
A bit bloody but nice action ^^ 9/10  :thumbsup:

Btw do you guys know when the next rick&morty series will be released? ^^
u/Yuki October 01, 2016, 09:02:41 PM
Quote from: p2 on September 27, 2016, 09:04:34 AM
Also I recently stumbled upon an anime callen Ajin which I can recommend. I only watched the first few episodes yet but it's got a really interesting story:
Some people around the globe are suddenly immortals without anyone knowing why (you cant find out until you die (like in an accident) and suddenly you revive again). So the govs hunt these people to get behind their secrets. ^^
Yeah, saw it, it's pretty interesting.

No. Can't wait, though.
u/Dream of Omnimaga October 02, 2016, 06:55:56 PM
Started watching DragonBall (the old original one) ^^

I watched DBZ a lot as kid, but I never saw the original Dragon Ball anime. Both French openings were horrible.
u/Tander October 03, 2016, 12:55:42 AM
I watch Game of Thrones a lot
u/p2 October 03, 2016, 09:01:36 AM
@Juju do you think ajin was an animated movie they made look like an anime? The graphics and especially the shadows are really strange...
u/Yuki October 03, 2016, 12:27:53 PM
Japanese animators and mangakas often goes to great lengths to add as much realism as possible, so much the drawn backgrounds look indistinguishable from real life, for example. Or from CG graphics.

Ajin does look weird, though, but I guess it's their stylistic choice.
u/p2 October 04, 2016, 09:21:21 PM
are you sure? especialyl in teh first 3 episodes the shadows (especially clothings and hair) looks like an animated 3d stuff... >.>
no anime will ever beat the beautiful forest scenes from Princess Mononoke
STUDIO GHIBLI I LOVE YOU!!  :love:
Also I can only recommend My neighbor totoro ^^
Website statistics

MyCalcs | Ticalc.org | Cemetech | Omnimaga | TI-Basic Developer | MaxCoderz | TI-Story | Casiocalc.org | Casiopeia | The Museum of HP Calculators | HPCalc.org | CnCalc.org | Music 2000 Community | TI Education | Casio Education | HP Calcs | NumWorks | SwissMicros | Sharp Calculators