Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Programming Ideas

Started by 123outerme, December 06, 2015, 08:46:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kotu

Quote from: p2 on August 22, 2016, 01:27:27 PM
Plottwist: The evil queen (she was really evil) was taken hostage by the Reptiloids that try to take over the world. So once you defeat and kill the reptiloid wearing a mask so he looks like the queen you go and free the true queen - So she can continue what the reptiloid did since shes evil, too --> Part two of the game "Kill the evil queen AGAIN"

This is an excellent idea however I seem to have gone off the making of the game. I think with something like this is it easy to create bad luck or bad karma for anyone involved, however I have kept my notes and it may be made in the future.

In the meantime I am going to be working on my mech game (mentioned above).  >B)

*edit* not really based on Kill Command as I said but uses some of its themes. Game called 'Kill Cmnd' though.
  • Calculators owned: TI 84+CE-T
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Sega Master System, Sony PlayStation 3
SUBSCRIBE TO THE FUTURERAVE.UK MAILING LIST
http://futurerave.uk

p2

And for the 3rd part of the game:
You were able to kill the real queen, too, but kept it a secret (just like you did when killign the Reptiloids since the public didnt know about ths). Now you're wearing that old reptiloid's mask and have taken the queen's place - and start ruling the Reptiloids since they think it'd be their retpiloid queen  >:D
--> this time no shooter but a strategy game in which you got to conquer the universe   :w00t:
  • Calculators owned: ti-83+, ti-84+, ti-84+, ti-84+se, ti-84+se(te), ti-nsphire, ti-nsphire CAS, ti-nsphire CX-CAS, ti-voyage, ti-voyage, Who reads this list anyways...?
Anyway war sucks. Just bring us your food instead of missiles  :P ~ DJ Omnimaga (11.10.2016 20:21:48)
if you cant get a jframe set up, draw stuff to it, and receive input, i can only imagine how horrible your game code is _._   ~ c4ooo (14.11.2016 22:44:07)
If they pull a Harambe on me tell my family I love them ~ u/Pwntear37d (AssangeWatch /r/)
make Walrii great again ~ DJ Omnimaga (28.11.2016 23:01:31)
God invented the pc, satan the smartphone I guess ~ p4nix (16.02.2017 22:51:49)

kotu

Quote from: p2 on August 22, 2016, 09:52:06 PM
And for the 3rd part of the game:
You were able to kill the real queen, too, but kept it a secret (just like you did when killign the Reptiloids since the public didnt know about ths). Now you're wearing that old reptiloid's mask and have taken the queen's place - and start ruling the Reptiloids since they think it'd be their retpiloid queen  >:D
--> this time no shooter but a strategy game in which you got to conquer the universe   :w00t:

that's a tough scenario

peter andre was also going to be in the game.  >B)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Sega Master System, Sony PlayStation 3

p2

Watching a couple of Rick&Morty episodes before thinking about new program ideas really helps to get creative  :crazy:
Cant wait to see where your game will be going  :thumbsup:
  • Calculators owned: ti-83+, ti-84+, ti-84+, ti-84+se, ti-84+se(te), ti-nsphire, ti-nsphire CAS, ti-nsphire CX-CAS, ti-voyage, ti-voyage, Who reads this list anyways...?
Anyway war sucks. Just bring us your food instead of missiles  :P ~ DJ Omnimaga (11.10.2016 20:21:48)
if you cant get a jframe set up, draw stuff to it, and receive input, i can only imagine how horrible your game code is _._   ~ c4ooo (14.11.2016 22:44:07)
If they pull a Harambe on me tell my family I love them ~ u/Pwntear37d (AssangeWatch /r/)

kotu

Quote from: p2 on August 23, 2016, 12:36:19 AM
Watching a couple of Rick&Morty episodes before thinking about new program ideas really helps to get creative  :crazy:
Cant wait to see where your game will be going  :thumbsup:
the new one or the queen one?

p2

actually both but especially the queen  ;D

kotu

Quote from: p2 on August 23, 2016, 12:59:32 AM
actually both but especially the queen  ;D

well, the queen one looks like it might not get made, certainly for a while at least.... in actual fact you never get to kill the queen in the game, you just catch her

here is the dialogue from the last scene, a press room, seeing as it might not get made..

"Queen, why are you evil?"
...pause
"Queen, why do you eat gold bars?"
...pause
"Queen, are you a mutant? You look like one."
"yes"

"Queen, you have a body and no skin. That's what you look like."

Then its the end of the game.  :-\

p2

Well you could still stick to this awesome sccript of the reptiloid queen replacing the evil queen and the main caracter then replacing both in order to take over the universe... But I guess then it woud be lame since I already spoilerned how it'd end...  :banghead:

[spoiler=alternative idea]Or maybe the queen got an evil twin sister that keeps the real queen imprisoned so she can be queen herself? ;)
[/spoiler]

I'd love to see a couple more crazy games and I got to admit a mutant queen is a great idea  :thumbsup:

kotu

Quote from: p2 on August 23, 2016, 01:15:31 AM
I'd love to see a couple more crazy games and I got to admit a mutant queen is a great idea  :thumbsup:

you have gotta see the monsters she turns into. there are 4 types (5 including gold eating pants showing normal queen)

you know, the normal queen.  >B)  >:(

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: kotu on August 21, 2016, 07:45:33 PM
Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on August 20, 2016, 03:17:33 AM
I like the idea @kotu about Kill the Evil Queen. Just make sure that the ticalc.org version of the game doesn't include an actual picture of Queen Elizabeth, though, since their rules appear not to allow depicting real people other than the game author (this is why only the CodeWalrus and TI-Planet versions of Opossum Massage Simulator have a picture of Donald Trump). :P

As for ideas, since she's evil in the game, maybe she could be possessed by some evil spirit or past leader that was particularly bad and now she must be "killed" as some form of exorcism? It could also be that she died but became undead in the future and now must be killed.

Interesting ideas.

As for the portrayal of real people, I don't think I can really make this game without doing it.  :-\
Does that mean I can't even mention people by name?
On CodeWalrus it would be allowed fine lol. It's just ticalc.org that has rules disallowing pics of real people. It's unknown if they are enforced under the current staff, though, but I bet they were back in 2000-2004, otherwise 50% of ticalc.org files would be about Georges Bush or Bin Laden O.O . I would say try to upload it and see if it gets through.  :)

As for the rest of the ideas I like them too. Personally I think it should be a possessed queen. What about a shooter where the only goal is to kill the Queen, but as her energy bar goes down more and more Queen supporters appears to kill you like zombies?
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

kotu

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on August 23, 2016, 04:17:06 AM
What about a shooter where the only goal is to kill the Queen, but as her energy bar goes down more and more Queen supporters appears to kill you like zombies?

I don't think that would happen in real life.

My best idea was a queen spider monster which covers buckingham palace in loads of cobwebs.

I don't think she does this in real life.

Well, the game isn't getting made, partly to needing things like nice pixel art which I was going to try myself starting with blu-tac or plasticine to help. My other game is better I think.  (-_(//));

Dream of Omnimaga

Ah sorry to hear. I'M glad you're still making something, though :)
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

p2

Your other game will be for the 84+ color calculator, too? :)

kotu

p2

Wish it'd be for teh regular 83+/84* family since I got no color version ^^
Probably should buy one since most new games are for the color-versions...  <_<