Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

General site updates, TODO list and discussion

Started by Dream of Omnimaga, November 12, 2014, 07:18:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dream of Omnimaga

It's because he's moderator of his subforums.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

novenary

Alexgt is as well, but he doesn't have that label. They shouldn't be mutually exclusive, or at least the text should remain blue.

DarkestEx

Quote from: Streetwalrus on September 24, 2015, 06:43:04 PM
Alexgt is as well, but he doesn't have that label. They shouldn't be mutually exclusive, or at least the text should remain blue.
The label is gone now :(
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+, Casio 101-S, RPN-Calc, Hewlett-Packard 100LX, Hewlett-Packard 95LX
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Original Commodore 64C, C64 DTV, Nintendo GameBoy Color, Nintendo GameCube, Xbox 360, PlayStation 2

novenary

By the way I just updated the ssh motd to remove aeTIos and pimath and include Eiyeron.

Dream of Omnimaga

I'm unsure why it's inconsistent per sub-forum. I guess it's a SMF bug. ANyway I think all EC should have blue nicks. The stars/label will only disappear in the MIcrocat and TwoStep sub-forums anyway. I will need to check if a SMF mod exists to fix that, but I don't see how this is such a serious issue.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

novenary

Oh I see why it's that way now, thanks for clearing it up.

DarkestEx

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on September 24, 2015, 08:54:17 PM
I'm unsure why it's inconsistent per sub-forum. I guess it's a SMF bug. ANyway I think all EC should have blue nicks. The stars/label will only disappear in the MIcrocat and TwoStep sub-forums anyway. I will need to check if a SMF mod exists to fix that, but I don't see how this is such a serious issue.
I was referring to the "Featured Project Author" which is now gone
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+, Casio 101-S, RPN-Calc, Hewlett-Packard 100LX, Hewlett-Packard 95LX
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Original Commodore 64C, C64 DTV, Nintendo GameBoy Color, Nintendo GameCube, Xbox 360, PlayStation 2

novenary

Yeah it's only visible in threads that are in the microcat subforum.

DarkestEx

Here is a list of improvements and bugs I had in the last time:

Improvement requests for WalrusIRC:

Could @Juju please add a button to the WalrusIRC window that has an image symbol and allows doing two things in a window similar to the smiley one:
1st: Upload an image using the browser file selection tool (because you cannot drag and drop on Android)
2nd: Have a scrollable thumbnail list of all img.codewalr.us images to easily select images and paste them into the chat

Also it would be great to allow larger images and let the software scale them down to maximum size and compress them maybe.
You could e.g. make them expire when not viewed for over a month, or have other ways to work with them (also maybe having filenames lile on imgur that are autogenerated)

Facebook like button cutoff bug:

The facebook like button is cutoff and is partially covered by the twtter button.

WalrusIRC image frame cutoff bug:

The frame when hovering over larger (in width) images in WalrusIRC is cut off.

Thank you all in advance! :)

Dream of Omnimaga

I can't address bug 1 and 3, but for bug 2 I could simply change the code for those Facebook buttons and make them English-only, like the one at the top of the page. In French, "Like" is "j'aime" so it's not as bad, but I didn't know that in some languages "like" was several thousands of characters large. :P

Dream of Omnimaga

There appears to be some issues with posting permissions for regular members. I believe that I fixed them (they caused regular members to have their topics require approval from time to time instead of just inside the randomness board). However, I still don't know if approval will work for restricted (banned) users, so I might need to create a dummy account and ban it to test some stuff (eg if posting topics still works with approval despite having set auto-approve permissions as denied). SMF is strange sometimes >.<

EDIT: Currently it appears they can post replies requiring approval, but posting new topics won't work.

Dream of Omnimaga

TODO list (short-terms):

-Add a tutorials link in the site navigation
-Finish the Summer newsletter (over 1 week late >.<)
-New staff (they are currently awaiting approval)
-Fix some theme issues preventing some text from being visible on mobile. For example, on the board stats page, maybe we could hide New members column or make some lists a smaller width percentage, such as 95%?

I also updated the TODO list on the first page. Darn, some stuff there is kinda old >.< https://codewalr.us/index.php?topic=2.0

DarkestEx

I have another feature request regarding WalrusIRC.
Normally nobody uses the full name to talk to a person and it might be good to be alerted when somebody is talking about certain things.
I think it would be cool to be able to define a list of additional keywords to be alerted of.

Also the alert boxes mess up when using control characters.
You should clean the message of any color tags and characters that are not printable before alerting.

Dream of Omnimaga

I agree about the first. Maybe in the options we could enter tags? Or we could allow people to choose how.many nickname characters we need to enter to get highlighted and also disallow Walrified from highlighting us.

*pokes @Juju about those feature ideas*

What do you mean by alert boxes, by the way?

DarkestEx

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on October 09, 2015, 06:47:53 PM
I agree about the first. Maybe in the options we could enter tags? Or we could allow people to choose how.many nickname characters we need to enter to get highlighted and also disallow Walrified from highlighting us.

*pokes @Juju about those feature ideas*

What do you mean by alert boxes, by the way?
I mean the notifications you can enable in the settings.