Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Dodge 68k (Voyage 200)

Started by princetonlion.tibd, January 01, 2015, 08:02:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

princetonlion.tibd

The 68k BASIC editor has a "Find" tab, but it doesn't find words (At least when I tried it). Dodge is big enough that it's hard finding specific lines of code, which is why I have another program for the game loop (not a subprogram yet)

And I thought functions were for number manipulation only?
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+, TI-84 + CSE, Voyager 200, TI-Nspire
Anyway war sucks. Just bring us your food instead of missiles  :P ~ DJ Omnimaga (11.10.2016 20:21:48)

Dream of Omnimaga

Is "Find" only to find variables?

The other solution is to code on the computer, but after getting used to on-calc programming it can take a while to get used to doing it elsewhere, plus I think there is no Voyage 200 BASIC editor other than TI-Graph Link 92+ (which won't run on 64-bit OSes)
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

T.Wang

Quote from: princetonlion.tibd on January 06, 2015, 10:49:35 PM
The 68k BASIC editor has a "Find" tab, but it doesn't find words (At least when I tried it)
I know that on the nspire find only finds comments in the code, will that help?

EDIT: I can upvote things now :D
Animated Codewalrus sig coming soon!

princetonlion.tibd

I don't think it finds comments
In:

comment()
prgm
@comment
Endprgm

using find to search for "comment" gives a "text not found" error. It's not other programs or variables either... I'll check on TI|BD
Anyway war sucks. Just bring us your food instead of missiles  :P ~ DJ Omnimaga (11.10.2016 20:21:48)

Dream of Omnimaga

It would be hilarious if it actually did nothing at all (as in not working as intended)
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

princetonlion.tibd

I actually think it does nothing  :P  I never use it anyways.

nothing on TI|BD, which I expected :P

Travis

Find works fine on my TI-89s. It searches everything, code and comments. Make sure the cursor is above what you're trying to find, though, or it won't find it—it always starts from the current cursor position going down and doesn't "wrap".

Functions are used for returning expressions (which can include numbers, strings, lists, etc.) and can be used directly in other expressions, but they're limited to program flow statements and other functions. Many instructions and I/O commands are disallowed in functions. Subprograms, on the other hand, can use all of those but can't (directly) return values. Another benefit of using separate functions/programs is it makes it easier to test/debug the program in incremental steps. :) Also, don't forget that the 68K calcs have folders, so programs using separate vars aren't nearly as annoying (though nested folders and a better path resolution system like the HP 48/49/50s have would have been even better).
  • Calculators owned: TI-81, TI-82, TI-85, TI-86, TI-89, TI-89 Titanium, 2 × HP 50g

Dream of Omnimaga

Ooh I see now. That probably explains why he couldn't find what he wants. Also for some reasons I tend to not use folders much except when downloading games, but again I was used so much to the lack of folders on the 83+ before that it's an habit to not use them now. :P (there was MirageOS, but when your RAM was cleared your folder settings were lost, and DCS7 came out a bit too late )

princetonlion.tibd

Quote from: Travis on January 12, 2015, 09:20:15 PM
Find works fine on my TI-89s. It searches everything, code and comments. Make sure the cursor is above what you're trying to find, though, or it won't find it—it always starts from the current cursor position going down and doesn't "wrap".

Functions are used for returning expressions (which can include numbers, strings, lists, etc.) and can be used directly in other expressions, but they're limited to program flow statements and other functions. Many instructions and I/O commands are disallowed in functions. Subprograms, on the other hand, can use all of those but can't (directly) return values. Another benefit of using separate functions/programs is it makes it easier to test/debug the program in incremental steps. :) Also, don't forget that the 68K calcs have folders, so programs using separate vars aren't nearly as annoying (though nested folders and a better path resolution system like the HP 48/49/50s have would have been even better).
So that's how find works... :P
And I have a giant folder named "Dodge."
I don't even use the "main" folder anymore :P

Travis

Yeah, I never really liked the "main" folder because many programs and apps always want to clutter it with junk. :P I have a "home" folder which I use as a "main" folder that actually stays clean. :D
  • Calculators owned: TI-81, TI-82, TI-85, TI-86, TI-89, TI-89 Titanium, 2 × HP 50g