Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

AVGN II Assimilation (AVGN Adventures sequel?)

Started by Dream of Omnimaga, March 14, 2016, 05:18:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dream of Omnimaga

So there will be a sequel or at least a new game in the AVGN Adventures series, coming out on March 29th:

I might buy it, but I didn't buy the original yet, so maybe I'll wait in case there's a Steam sale with both games at some point. But I thought I would share this for people who like 2D platformer games. Like the original, I think this one will also pay hommage to crappy 8-bit games that AVGN reviewed, as well as the big classics.

Also the music in the first game was epic O.O

I wonder if this new game will have references to Hong Kong 97, Big Rigs and stuff...
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Yuki

Oooh, a sequel to the AVGN game? I didn't tried the first one either but it looks as crazy as the first. Looks pretty hard, too, I'm not sure I'd be able to go past the first level :P
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

Dream of Omnimaga

Yeah, the games were designed to be extremely hard. The high difficulty was also one factor that made me reluctant about buying it. I'm ok for physical retro games but otherwise I tend to not want to pay much if I know I'll only be able to access 1 level.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U