Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

What multiplayer games would you play?

Started by Yuki, August 25, 2015, 02:05:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dream of Omnimaga

Lol, I think we're still years off from factoring a 2048 bit key. I bet by now TI is developing a TI-Nspire or upgrade with a 4096 bits key too.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U
Now active at https://discord.gg/cuZcfcF (CodeWalrus server)

Snektron

Quote from: Streetwalrus on September 03, 2015, 10:35:03 AM
That was half serious, half joke. It would be pretty awesome but lua is nice enough for minecraft.
In that case, make a mod that emulates a Z80 CPU and get KnightOS for it :P
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

Dream of Omnimaga

I can't imagine how slow that would get :P (with 6144 blocks updating several times per second, that is)
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

novenary

Actually it should be feasible. Redpower had a full-blown 6502 emulator built-in for its computers. The default OS ran Forth though. <_<

Dream of Omnimaga

I guess that when it comes to Minecraft, I always imagine any kind of emulators as massive circuits of redstone. :P

princetonlion.tibd

I need to check this topic more :P

So I pretty much only play Minecraft with the LotR mod, sometimes with Flans too.
I'm still playing 1.7.10 for mods.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+, TI-84 + CSE, Voyager 200, TI-Nspire
Anyway war sucks. Just bring us your food instead of missiles  :P ~ DJ Omnimaga (11.10.2016 20:21:48)

Unicorn

Quote from: Cumred_Snektron on September 07, 2015, 07:27:04 AM
What if we made some kind of gpgpu app that everyone can run that tries to factor the key?
TI-Coin?
Make it run all day every day? :P on 15 comps? 
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Yuki

Nobody been able to factor a 2048-bit key yet, let alone a 1024-bit key. We would definitely have to run stuff on several computers, like Folding@Home and similar stuff.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

alexgt

Agar.io :trollface: but actually that would be cool just we would have to use our same user names from here and set up a party.

I would play a minecraft CW modded server but who would we let on and what would the qualifications be?

Also unturned would be a good game as it is free
  • Calculators owned: Ti-84+, Ti-Nspire, Hp Prime, Broken HP Prime, HP 48SX

novenary

I guess we can white list CW members, or just leave the server open. I'm still looking for hosting for the server though.

Unicorn

Yeah, we should have it open in the beginning, I think, then make it white-listed if we need to. Also, my friend has some experience with hosting, so I'll ask him about a good company if you want.
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Dream of Omnimaga

We might want to restrict it to CW members or only allow active users to join, but it's up to you. The server would also need good uptime and not be hosted on CW server, so that it won't slow the site down.

novenary

Ideally we'd like a vps, not game-specific hosting so that we can host more than a minecraft server. For $20 a month we can get a dual core with 2GB ram which is a pretty good price:specs. I can't pay for it myself, and I don't think it would be a wise idea to dig in the donation pool for the main site.
There's absolutely no room on the cw server to run a game server anyway due to ram constraints (the site itself hardly manages to fit in 1GB).

Snektron

I know a host where you can get a 2Gb vps for like 30$ per year. But i think the ping is quite bad
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

novenary

Yeah, it would be a good idea to get a server with good pings and uptime. <_<