Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Speed Cubing

Started by alexgt, September 20, 2015, 04:36:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alexgt

I recently have gotten into speedcubing (or solving Rubic's cubes really fast) I was wondering if any of you guys were fellow speedcubers. If so what is your method you use and what is your best time?

I use the Fridrich method and my time is 42 seconds and am currently learning all 57 OLL algs
  • Calculators owned: Ti-84+, Ti-Nspire, Hp Prime, Broken HP Prime, HP 48SX

p4nix

I'm definitely not a speedcuber and I don't do that stuff anymore, but I reached around 57 secs or something using Petrus.
  • Calculators owned: fx9860GII (SH4)

novenary

Lol I couldn't be bothered to learn all the oll but I can do 35 seconds or less with Fridrich. Speed cubing is pretty fun but you need to practice hard to lower your times and your progress gets exponentially slower. Do you have a good cube ? O have a Dayan Zhanchi and I must say it's feels a lot nicer than the official brand Rubik's, especially when lubed. It doesn't matter for speed until you get to sub 20 or so because crappy cubes can't handle the turning speed but it's a really nice thing to have. I also have a 4x4x4 that I can solve entirely (I only miss one algorithm actually).

p4nix

I've always bruteforced the 4x4x4 to get rid of parities xD But what's really cool is, that I have a custom demoscene/chiptune cube from v-cubes with pixelart instead of colors :3
  • Calculators owned: fx9860GII (SH4)

novenary

Oh that sounds awesome. Pix pl0x.

Snektron

My little brother collects cubes. I can solve them too, but i don't train myself :P
he has a lot of cool cubes though O.O
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

Yuki

I never even managed to solve one.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

Unicorn

Quote from: Juju on September 20, 2015, 06:22:50 PM
I never even managed to solve one.
Nor me, they are impossible. :P
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Snektron

Nah,  they're allright if you use algorithms someone else came up with :P

novenary

It's not even hard to solve a Rubik's. You just need common sense, don't just turn the sides randomly. Also think in layers, not faces or you'll never make it.

Snektron

Yeah, until you get some 4x4x3 cube from hell <_<

Dream of Omnimaga

I'm fairly sure that if I tried hard and long enough, I could probably solve a rubik cube in several minutes. Whether I could do it much faster afterward is another story, though.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U