Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Cumred_Snektron and DarkestEx now Elite Coders

Started by Dream of Omnimaga, June 11, 2015, 12:51:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dream of Omnimaga

In light of their increasing contributions to the forums and their recent releases, we are pleased to award Elite Coder spots to two CodeWalrus members: @Cumred_Snektron and @DarkestEx!

Although Cumred has only joined the TI community in late 2014, he has released the following programs (some of which are still in the works):
-FBO Particles System for Windows
-DovahCalc for both the TI-83 Plus and TI-84 Plus CSE (the first custom font for color calculators?)
-Draw (Axe), an advanced drawing tool for the TI-83 Plus

Which now brings us to his newest release: Walrifier! Walrifier is an Android post notification application for CodeWalrus forums. Once installed, you will be notified of new messages posted on our forums and you can use the application directly to quickly browse new posts.

In DarkestEx's case, he joined the TI community over a year ago is working on the following:
-TwoStep (Puzzle game) for the TI-83 Plus
-Two home-made calculator hardware projects
-Gamebuino Music Player

And he got his own CodeWalrus Post Notifier too! In his case, the post notification software is for Windows, Mac and Linux and will offer the same functionalities as its Android counterpart.

We look forward for their next projects!
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Unicorn

Congrats guys! I love the walriis :P

If someone become an elite coder, there must be a walrii of their avatar made?
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Dream of Omnimaga

Not necessary. They just happened to have someone make them and it wasn't too hard to make.

• Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

alexgt

Awsome! Congrats to Cumred_Snektron and DarkestEx :)
  • Calculators owned: Ti-84+, Ti-Nspire, Hp Prime, Broken HP Prime, HP 48SX

CKH4

Congrats guys. I personally think that both of you really deserve it.

Looking back to when hayleiah and matref got elite coder:
Quote from: Cumred_Snektron on February 14, 2015, 05:15:44 PM
* Cumred_Snektron  wants elite coder too :( cri.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+, TI-84+

Yuki

• Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: CKH4 on June 11, 2015, 03:38:30 AM
Congrats guys. I personally think that both of you really deserve it.

Looking back to when hayleiah and matref got elite coder:
Quote from: Cumred_Snektron on February 14, 2015, 05:15:44 PM
* Cumred_Snektron  wants elite coder too :( cri.
There is actually another pending spot right now, so there will be at least one more addition soon, but yeah regarding the others, they were among the people being considered for future spots since the last few weeks I would say.

What does "cri" and "le cri" means, though? O.O

Unicorn

Cry, I would assume?

And what others? The ones being considered for EC?
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Dream of Omnimaga

Yeah i mean other people considered for EC. There were other people considered at first but sometimes it depends of their commitment to the forums. While we try as much as possible to add skilled programmers, if the programmer doesn't care about the forums and has no intention to participate to CW growth on a regular basis, then it might not necessarily be the person we are looking for. We also look for good behavior overall: If the person stirs up drama all the time then he has more chances of ending in the restricted forum group than elite coders.

Unicorn

Yeah, I personally agree with those select rules/ideals. Its probably not a good idea to give a dramatic person their own sub forum O.O

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Dream of Omnimaga

Erm if you mean dramatic as in not happy/sad/depressed, then it doesn't really matter unless the person seems volatile. But if you mean someone that tries to start forum or inter-forum fights or post very low quality content all the time then yes I agree. However, the main reason why I would avoid giving an elite coder position to a troublesome user is that it might reflect badly on CodeWalrus as a whole. People might jump to the conclusion that we approve of such behavior.

Unicorn

By dramatic I meant troublesome people who start flame wars. Oh yeah, thats another reason not to support those people, it could deter new members.

EDIT: Darkest was last active one minute after the original post was made O.O

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Snektron

Thanks guys :) I personally think Darkest deserved it too, his projects are amazing :D.
Also there is a brainc vm and program arguments utillity somewhere too :)
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

novenary

Congrats guys, you really deserved it. May the walrus be with you.

unknownloner

/)