Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

How to join our Discord server or IRC channels

Started by Dream of Omnimaga, December 05, 2014, 12:51:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

Well, so, drop it? Efnet seems fine at the moment and I'm not using Omninet neither, so...
  • Calculators owned: A lot.

Dream of Omnimaga

By the way, the only issue I can see about EFnet is that sometimes, some servers are annoying and will not let you connect or will ban you for no reason, but there are 40+ EFnet servers available and there are always many that will let you connect. The other downside is the 9 characters nickname lenght. But Omnimaga channel stayed EFnet-only for almost 3 years before finally being relayed to an Omninet one and it wasn't that much of an issue. The only reason why I moved it from EFnet entirely in 2006-Early 2009 is because we lacked a botnet and knew nobody trustable enough to lend us one.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Yuki

Well yeah, Omninet has a Chanserv and half-ops and stuff, but who needs that when you have a good botnet?
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

Dream of Omnimaga

So yeah, I updated the first post. While the Omninet channel is still available for the time being, the post now only mentions EFnet and WalrusIRC.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Dream of Omnimaga

Bump:

I updated the main post to include our secondary channels, since this topic is in the site navigation. This means #cw-anime, #cw-craft and #cw-spam. Of course anime talk is still allowed in #codewalrus, but we got a lot of anime fans so #cw-anime can get handy to avoid cluttering the main chat during busy times, plus it has the extra benefit of being on EFnet. #cw-craft is basically the Minecraft server chat and #cw-spam is a bot testing channel.

GalacticPirate

@Juju & DJ Omnimaga, were you really following the rules this morning at 9 ? :trollface:
  • Calculators owned: TI-Nspire CX CAS (4.4.0), TI-83 Premium CE (5.2.1), TI-83 Plus.fr USB (2.55MP), Casio fx-92 Collège 2D+, Casio fx-92 Collège 2D
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Nintendo Wii U (NSMBU+NSLU premium pack, 5.5.1E), New Nintendo 3DS XL (Monster Hunter Generations, Sys 11.5.0-38E)

CVSoft

Quote from: WalrusIRC*   notipa has quit IRC (Quit: BosaikNet http://www.bosaik.net)

WIRC thinks the parenthesis is part of the link, making the link unusable.
  • Calculators owned: TI-73, TI-81, TI-81, TI-81, TI-81, TI-81, TI-81, TI-82, TI-82, TI-82, TI-82, TI-82, TI-82, TI-82, TI-82, TI-82, TI-82, TI-82, TI-83, TI-83, TI-83 Plus, TI-84 Plus, TI-85, TI-86, TI-89 Titanium

Dream of Omnimaga

Actually that would probably go in the CodeWalrus tools sub-forum (which is where WalrusIRC progress/downtime reports are posted), but let's poke @Juju about it

I gained the habit of always adding spaces after links a decade ago personally, though, because many IRC clients and shoutboxes, as well as forum softwares, thought that periods and stuff were parts of website links :P

aetios

Quote from: CVSoft on May 06, 2016, 04:35:42 AM
Quote from: WalrusIRC*   notipa has quit IRC (Quit: BosaikNet http://www.bosaik.net)

WIRC thinks the parenthesis is part of the link, making the link unusable.
Like DJ said, I'd work around this by adding a space. Many applications have space-terminated URL rules.
ceci n'est pas une signature

Snektron

You can also use that satanic regex someone on stackoverflow made. but i think urls only allow [a-zA-Z\-] anyway.
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

aetios

Nah, they can have special characters. For example wikipedia urls often have ( ) in them: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Game_(mind_game)
ceci n'est pas une signature

Snektron

Oh good point. Then its the fault of their IRC client :P
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

Dream of Omnimaga

Now that you mention special characters, I guess it could be hard for juju to fix the issue first mentioned above, since this could cause URLs that have parentheses in them to not be completely parsed. I noticed this happened in some clients before. >.<

Yuki

Yeah, the thing with automatic URL parsing, some special characters like () are legal in URLs so the client doesn't really know where to end.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

Ti64CLi++

If I want post a message in the chat, I must have posted five posts? That is true?
  • Calculators owned: TI-Nspire CX CAS, TI-Nspire CX, TI-Nspire, TI-Nspire CAS TouchPad, TI-Nspire CAS, TI-Nspire, TI-Voyage 200, TI-92 Plus, TI-89 Titanium, TI-89, TI-83 Premium CE, TI-84 Plus CE, TI-82 Advanced, TI-84 Pocket.fr, TI-84 Plus Silver Edition, TI-84 Plus, TI-83 Plus Silver Edition, TI-83 Plus.fr USB, TI-83 Plus.fr, TI-83 Plus, TI-83 Plus, TI-83, TI-82 Stats.fr, TI-76.fr, TI-36X Pro, TI-Collège Plus Solaire, TI-Collège Plus, TI-30X Pro MultiView, TI-30XS MultiView, TI-30XB MultiView, TI-30 XB MultiView
Administrateur de Tout 82
Sur TI Planet depuis Août 2014, rédacteur depuis Août 2015Donnez moi un Internet : c'est gratuit et ne prends pas beaucoup de tempsAdministrateur de Life Game World