Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

An Indie Game Demo I Found - CrossCode

Started by pimathbrainiac, June 04, 2015, 04:57:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pimathbrainiac

So while looking for some freebie stuff to play on GameJolt, I stumbled upon a little gem of a demo for a game called CrossCode. Holy crap this demo is probably the best demo for any game I've ever seen. Seriously, play it yourself. The premise is very SAO-esque, but it doesn't feel like an SAO ripoff (since you appear to be the only real person trapped in the game). As for the gameplay, think top down Zelda mixed with those disk thingies from Tron. The graphics are also beautiful. The demo has the first little bit, a dungeon/puzzle to play through, and a little bit of open world exploration. I suggest you check out the demo. It is amazing.
The official website is here.
Well, I'm bach here too!

Yuki

• Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

Dream of Omnimaga

Ooh I like the 16 bit style in this game. THe battles seems nice too. The only problem, though, are the controls. If they are gonna require us to use the mouse to click enemies, they should at least make the character change direction in the direction you clicked with the mouse, rather than forcing us to manually change direction with the d-pad first then having to click. That's how MMORPGs work, after all. It definitively looks promising, though.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

pimathbrainiac

Well, it has full controller support, and I can tell you, it plays really well with a controller.
Well, I'm bach here too!

Snektron

• Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

Unicorn

Woah, time to play the demo....

EDIT: Wow, such fun!
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: pimathbrainiac on June 04, 2015, 08:46:45 AM
Well, it has full controller support, and I can tell you, it plays really well with a controller.
Can we attack with a gamepad or keyboard or is the mouse required? Because during the game tutorial it told me to use the mouse to attack and I couldn't find a button equivalent for it.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Unicorn

Wait, sothats a flash demo, but the actual game is downloadable for free?
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

pimathbrainiac

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on June 04, 2015, 11:56:11 PM
Quote from: pimathbrainiac on June 04, 2015, 08:46:45 AM
Can we attack with a gamepad or keyboard or is the mouse required? Because during the game tutorial it told me to use the mouse to attack and I couldn't find a button equivalent for it.
Hmm, that's strange. It's RB, by the way.

Quote from: Unicorn on June 05, 2015, 12:00:43 AM
Wait, sothats a flash demo, but the actual game is downloadable for free?
Actually html5/js, and no. The full game will be $20 on steam when it comes out in about a year.
Well, I'm bach here too!

Dream of Omnimaga

Unicorn

Oh, because I saw a download link below it. That's cool, I may have to get that. :)

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

pimathbrainiac

Well, I'm bach here too!

Dream of Omnimaga

Oh ok lol, even then I would not have understood because I never knew those buttons were called like that. I thought they were just called right and left joysticks (if you meant the L/R buttons then we just call them L and R buttons or triggers :P)

Snektron

I never use a gamepad and i can't play with one too. Keyboards :D

EDIT: 1900th post :o
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...