Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Walrification begins monday!

Started by Dream of Omnimaga, November 28, 2014, 07:25:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dream of Omnimaga

Aah ok I was wondering lol. It would be nice if eventually there was a Pokémon game for the PRIZM or a Game Boy emulator.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

novenary

Well there's a tilemapper draft and a nice build system and some test sprites but that's all. :P

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

Street: I have an idea. If you switch to nSDL I could work with you and bring a Oriizm version easier with pSDL.

(I still have HBE to do though. The progress are minimal but existant)
  • Calculators owned: A lot.

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: Eiyeron on December 22, 2014, 08:29:36 AM
Street: I have an idea. If you switch to nSDL I could work with you and bring a Oriizm version easier with pSDL.

(I still have HBE to do though. The progress are minimal but existant)
What is Oriizm?

Also I wonder how fast a PRIZM tilemapper could be? On the Nspire there are frame rate issues despite the calc running at 150 MHz, and we know the PRIZM runs at 58 MHz but we don't know how its memory bus compares with the Nspire.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

PRIZM. IT'S A PRIZM AND I HATE TYPING ON A PHONE.

Ahem. Sorry, yeah it's a Prizm and the calc itself suffers of a slow screen and CPU. But (oh, I see you have the memory problem in mind) it seems that memory speed is not really a problem when you consider the CPU's speed. Bust-A-Move is running midly fine even with the mass of graphisms it has to blit. (But i have to OC it to get it smoother...)

Dream of Omnimaga

Ah ok. Maybe you could try a barebones 20x14 (16x16 sprites) scrolling tilemapper and see how it runs to ensure smoothscrolling is possible. Bust-a-move definitively ran at decent speed.

Also avoid overclocking your Prizm if possible. It's very dangerous and many Cemetech people bricked their calc that way. IIRC it only happens on OS 2.00 but better be safe than sorry.

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

I've never had any problems with it and I'm on 2.00 since... I don't remember when but well.

Dream of Omnimaga

Ah good for you then. But on Cemetech all the people who bricked their PRIZM had them overclocked and it was eventually discovered that the overclocking was the cause. I am unsure if it's related to the fact that certain PRIZM calcs cannot reach 94.3 MHz (some Flash reading errors start happening below that level), but it is suspected that either using RS memory or overclocking was the cause, and one reason to believe that overclocking was the cause is this topic: http://www.cemetech.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7808&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=120

It's possible that this problem only happens on OS 2.00, though, because it seems that all bricked PRIZM calcs were both running OS 2.00 and overclocked at one point or another. At one point, users were even asking Cemetech admins to remove all games that automatically overclocked the calc from Cemetech downloads section for safety reasons.

Dream of Omnimaga

Bump: That reminds me, I still need to add the HTML/BB codes to the About section of the website and also add code for signatures and useable avatars. Early on I had planned to make it easy for people to promote the site, but I forgot the signature code. It will probably include various images and banner sizes, except the big one won't be listed with a code because I would encourage people to keep their signatures on other sites small. I should try to make an userbar for all groups too.