Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Jarvis Artificial Intelligence

Started by alexgt, March 17, 2015, 09:45:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alexgt

Yeah the GUI os style is a SUPER work in progress and if you click on the magnifying glass it just comes up with debug stuff... But I do need suggestions about what to put on the main screen there. Thanks though :) :)

EDIT: I forgot to mention you use "2nd" to click and you need to click in the chat on the GUI to type...
  • Calculators owned: Ti-84+, Ti-Nspire, Hp Prime, Broken HP Prime, HP 48SX

Dream of Omnimaga

I like the GUI so far :D. Now if only / had no ALPHA assigned to it then we could have used the / key to use the slash. Maybe you could just allow Alpha toggle so we can do so?
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Snektron

It would be cool to have this as homescreen hook and replace the default os terminal, though i guess it would get problems with things like MathPrint and such :/
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

Everything would have problems with MathPrint, that's not something I would have not expected! p:
  • Calculators owned: A lot.

Snektron

True, though i still like it when i use calculators for, you know, calculating

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

What's calculating? :p

Is that fast enough? We could use this for inputting programs instead of zStart if it's faster! :p

Snektron

i wouldn't know, i've never used zStart. It doesn't like MathPrint  :blah:

Dream of Omnimaga

Some developers pretty much gave up on MathPrint the same way web devs gave up on IE. It just got so hard to get stuff running on the latest stable OS (2.43) and the most recent OS (2.55MP) simultaneously that they decided to make their stuff run only on 2.43. Of course now most people got 2.55MP when they get their calc so maybe 2.43 dev will be phased out eventually, but still, I remember many rants about MP Oses from ASM coders, especially Kerm and BrandonW, when they were debugging their stuff.

That is nothing, though. On Casio FX-9860G models, the CPU even changed once, preventing many old programs from running.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

alexgt

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on March 24, 2015, 02:32:09 AM
I like the GUI so far :D. Now if only / had no ALPHA assigned to it then we could have used the / key to use the slash. Maybe you could just allow Alpha toggle so we can do so?
Yes but the slash or division key is already in use by "M". also should I change the Input mode button to "ALPHA" instead of "X,T,o,n"?
Thanks for the Support :)

EDIT:
Quote from: Cumred_Snektron on March 24, 2015, 03:20:58 PM
It would be cool to have this as homescreen hook and replace the default os terminal, though i guess it would get problems with things like MathPrint and such :/
Are you talking about using this as a program that turns on with the calc like DCS7?

CKH4

I think that Alpha should toggle lowercase/numbers and mode should toggle mode/options. Clear should quit/go back and maybe on should toggle screen off.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+, TI-84+

alexgt

Quote from: CKH4 on March 24, 2015, 08:08:51 PM
I think that Alpha should toggle lowercase/numbers and mode should toggle mode/options. Clear should quit/go back and maybe on should toggle screen off.
Yup I was just going to change that to ALPHA and I already have it set to MODE to toggle between calc and .EXE modes (but don't try those they don't work)

And how could you turn it ON/OFF in Axe?

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

Why not adding the Shift/Alpha indicator in the status bar?

CKH4

Quote from: Duke "Tape" Eiyeron on March 24, 2015, 08:14:39 PM
I agree.

Probably inline asm, but the other option is to set the contrast to zero (I'd discourage that though, battery might be an issue).

alexgt

Changed it to ALPHA!
Quote from: Duke "Tape" Eiyeron on March 24, 2015, 08:14:39 PM
I did Right here: on the top right!

Quote from: CKH4 on March 24, 2015, 08:15:07 PM
Probably inline asm, but the other option is to set the contrast to zero (I'd discourage that though, battery might be an issue).
Where could I find Asm stuff to turn it off within a program then when you turn it on it goes to the program again?

CKH4

It probably wouldn't be like that but as a temporary solution the zero contrast code would be:
Shade()->°Contrast
Shade(0)
Repeat getKey(41)
End
Shade(°Contrast)

Maybe its just Contrast (not °Contrast) the second time.