Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

How did you get into calc programming/forums?

Started by Snektron, March 21, 2015, 03:23:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

novenary

Mine still works. I believe I only changed the batteries once or twice since I have it.

Snektron

• Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: Cumred_Snektron on March 23, 2015, 12:19:57 AM
Whoa, love the new avatar street :D
Cumred as much as I agree, we should try to be careful with such off-topic posts. Although I am ok with some offtopic comments when the rest of the post adds to the discussion, in this case it was totally unrelated, so it would be best if it was posted in a pixel or avatar-related topic or something to keep CW discussion at a certain quality level. ;)
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Snektron

Sorry :c

And i would love to have such a calculator, though i probably wouldn't use it for much :/
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

Dream of Omnimaga

The thing is that while it supports some decent programming (it has For loops, input, prompt, Disp and graphical commands allowing minimal graphics and interaction), the speed just gets in the way. For example, the program editor scrolls as slowly as the TI-84+CSE and drawing commands or Disp are as slow as Casio PRIZM drawing commands. It's that bad. But hey, what can we expect with a 980 kilohertz (yes, not even 1 MHz) processor?

By the way, the first calc I ever had was the 83+. I got the 83+SE in response to the Illusiat 2002 incident as second calc to backup my stuff since I couldn't afford a computer. My 3rd calc only arrived years later in 2007, though, and it was the TI-89 Titanium. I remember having kept it hidden from my mom so she won't get scared that I am wasting my money, especially that I was about to move out. :P I only started racking up my collection in 2008 or so and guess what calc I got as 4th? The TI-81 ;D
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

novenary

Quote from: Cumred_Snektron on March 23, 2015, 12:19:57 AM
Whoa, love the new avatar street :D
Thanks. :D

Quote from: Cumred_Snektron on March 23, 2015, 01:12:50 PM
Sorry :c

And i would love to have such a calculator, though i probably wouldn't use it for much :/
Lol yeah it just sits in a drawer. :P

Dream of Omnimaga

I suspect that mine stopped working properly because it was under a pile of about 10 other calcs and maybe the weight killed the LCD or something. Or maybe just dust went in, I'm unsure. In any case, stuff still displays sometimes, it's just very glitchy, such as stretched chars and missing ones.

The way it behaves, though, makes me think it might be soemthing else being in the way, though, such as corrupted ROM.

This video dates back in January 2011.

CKH4

I suspect that the batteries might be corroded. I can't really see anything though ( bad intrrnet ).
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+, TI-84+

Dream of Omnimaga

Wouldn't the calc stop turning ON altogether in such case?

CKH4

I saw a cemetech post where the LCD got screwey and the program editor displayed rubbish. I'll see if I can find it.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+, TI-84+

123outerme

I had experimented in HTML before I even got a calculator, but I'm not sure why I did that, since I don't remember what inspired me to learn how to code. I then got my CSE, and since I knew that my brothers had similar calculators (84+SE), I could get games and (subsequently) program them. I looked up how to program the CSE, then found TI Basic Dev. I then found Omnimaga through a link to a post JWinslow sent me on one of my game progress threads, or at least I think that's how that happened. I signed up (but signed up for Cemetech earlier, didn't post anything, then completely forgot that I did that), and the rest is probably archived.
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+CSE, TI-nspire Clickpad, TI-84+SE

princetonlion.tibd

I joined CW as soon as I heard about it via Omni. I think I already documented how I joined Omni somewhere, now I just have to find the thread :P
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+, TI-84 + CSE, Voyager 200, TI-Nspire
Anyway war sucks. Just bring us your food instead of missiles  :P ~ DJ Omnimaga (11.10.2016 20:21:48)

Dream of Omnimaga

In my case I jumped from a forum to another quite a lot in the past, either because they were dying, opening, lack of interest or drama. The first TI website I visited was GFox83+ (which closed soon afterward but remained online as France 83 for a few years) and the one I signed up to first was Espace TI-83 Plus in early 2002 or so. The first forum I joined and participated on was MaxCoderz in September 2009 and the second one was forum89.vvlr.com (now http://www.yaronet.com/forum.php?s=493 ). The third was Drubu Productions and fourth United-TI.

princetonlion.tibd

I think my order was
Ticalc (somehow, maybe while searching for programs?)
Cemetech (Banned almost 1 year ago, even though it's a temp ban I have to keep my promise of asking for an unban after 1 year)
Omnimaga (I'm inactive there now because I haven't found anything interesting there that's being posted in)
CW (I'm most active here)

that last post was finally my 100th post -_-
Quote from: princetonlion.tibd on May 01, 2015, 10:01:01 PM
I joined CW as soon as I heard about it via Omni. I think I already documented how I joined Omni somewhere, now I just have to find the thread :P
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+, TI-84 + CSE, Voyager 200, TI-Nspire
Anyway war sucks. Just bring us your food instead of missiles  :P ~ DJ Omnimaga (11.10.2016 20:21:48)

Unicorn

I just realised that I was the first member to register here in the new year. (would I be the first member to register without external access?)

Why are you banned Prince?
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???