Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

[Minecraft] [HP Prime] MinePrime - Minecraft on a Hp Prime!

Started by alexgt, April 20, 2015, 12:22:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unicorn

This is looking amazing. Another reason to get a Prime...
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

alexgt

Quote from: Unicorn on April 22, 2015, 02:31:34 AM
This is looking amazing. Another reason to get a Prime...
Thanks , and you should :)

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on April 21, 2015, 11:57:24 PM
To record the Prime I actually use Camstudio + VirtualDub. VirtualDub is used to ensure the frame rate isn't too high, so that file size remains small, and then I export to GIF using it.

Also nice. :D I wonder if water and lava would be possible?
Ahh I use OBS but I still need to figure out my bit rate to make it look better :)

The water and lava will be possible right now I am keeping it in the back or my mind of how I will do it but a solution will hopefully happen soon :)

Thanks for the help and support as always :)

• Calculators owned: Ti-84+, Ti-Nspire, Hp Prime, Broken HP Prime, HP 48SX

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

YOu could also use ffmpeg to convert your video into a plentiful choice of formats (and even gif), yet I have to dig into its options for doing the same things I do on VirtualDub. I usually convert first the video to a rawvideo format to avoid VirtualDUb not recognizing the codec and then do all the things I need to make a good GIF. It's a bit painful of a workflow but it works. :/
  • Calculators owned: A lot.

alexgt

once I get to my good computer I will try it out :) Thanks

EDIT: Next UPDATE will feature
- A moveable player that can be seen!
- Block collision!
- Maybe mining depends on how large bugs get xD

Snektron

• Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

How do you manage collision? Do you take account of a movable object could phase out through thin walls if it goes too fast? Are you dividing the speed vector to match the grid cell dimension?

alexgt

I have a X and Y variable in a matrix that has the block data and I just check whether it is a block you can walk through or not when you move so its not that bad :P

Quote from: Cumred_Snektron on April 22, 2015, 08:18:37 PM
ooh, can't wait for the gifs :D
The Update is not out  yet those are just the planned things but in the next update there will be gifs in the actual post and not scattered all around :)

Snektron

alexgt

Yeah I have home work then I might get it out today even :)

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

Let me rephrase my question : let's say a block is 16x16 pixels and an object will move to the left of 76 pixels, will you check each tile during the displacment it'll cross or only the tiles it'll overlap at the destination?

alexgt

Oh, well the only objects in the game will be mobs and  the player,they only move one block at a time so yeah they will check the next spot over and if they can't walk they will junp and if the can't jump the will just stand there. teleporting the player would just check in that exact spot.

Snektron

Checking all blocks would be quite unefficient, though its what i did with my first platformer [Emoji51]

CKH4

For my first attempt at a platformer I did pixel testing. You could drop through platforms that were 1 pixel thick but if it were thicker than that it wouldn't let you.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+, TI-84+

Snektron

Oh thats quite cool. Actually i don't remember how i did it in my maze game, but i think i looped through all meshes and checked collision. Yeah that could have been done better :3

alexgt

Ohh I meant it it would check the block right next to it to see if it could walk there I don't check the  entire matrix that would be horribly inefficient as you said and yes when I started with Ti-Basic I did the same thing as @Cumred_Snektron then did what you did @CKH4 :)