Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Linux

Started by Alvajoy123, March 28, 2017, 01:24:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

p2

Correct me if I'm wrong (which I suspect)

The TI 83+//84+ family uses the Z80 cpu (read about silly development studio for further references) while the CE version uses the eZ80 cpu which is faster. So since they have a different hardware the assambler code mustn't be copied from one to the other since it's interpreted differently and might even harm ur calc.
  • Calculators owned: ti-83+, ti-84+, ti-84+, ti-84+se, ti-84+se(te), ti-nsphire, ti-nsphire CAS, ti-nsphire CX-CAS, ti-voyage, ti-voyage, Who reads this list anyways...?
Anyway war sucks. Just bring us your food instead of missiles  :P ~ DJ Omnimaga (11.10.2016 20:21:48)
if you cant get a jframe set up, draw stuff to it, and receive input, i can only imagine how horrible your game code is _._   ~ c4ooo (14.11.2016 22:44:07)
If they pull a Harambe on me tell my family I love them ~ u/Pwntear37d (AssangeWatch /r/)
make Walrii great again ~ DJ Omnimaga (28.11.2016 23:01:31)
God invented the pc, satan the smartphone I guess ~ p4nix (16.02.2017 22:51:49)

Dream of Omnimaga

Even if it used a Z80, the hardware changes would require code changes, like TI-83 vs 83+
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

c4ooo

Quote from: p2 on April 08, 2017, 07:53:44 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong (which I suspect)

The TI 83+//84+ family uses the Z80 cpu (read about silly development studio for further references) while the CE version uses the eZ80 cpu which is faster. So since they have a different hardware the assambler code mustn't be copied from one to the other since it's interpreted differently and might even harm ur calc.
Porting simple instructions from z80 to ez80 isn't too hard, but the memory layout is way different, and also the CE has a memory mapped IO (and LCD) so all the drawing algorithms are a bit different.

Alvajoy123

i am work on the file program part and more
i will give you heads up when i get done
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+CE
The maker of Xenon.

p2

If u're working on an actual project it's always a good idea to use git//gitlab//github//... to backup your progress and make the process much easier to understand. Also it helps a lot if u wish to get support from others.

tl;dr: use github.com
  • Calculators owned: ti-83+, ti-84+, ti-84+, ti-84+se, ti-84+se(te), ti-nsphire, ti-nsphire CAS, ti-nsphire CX-CAS, ti-voyage, ti-voyage, Who reads this list anyways...?
Anyway war sucks. Just bring us your food instead of missiles  :P ~ DJ Omnimaga (11.10.2016 20:21:48)
if you cant get a jframe set up, draw stuff to it, and receive input, i can only imagine how horrible your game code is _._   ~ c4ooo (14.11.2016 22:44:07)
If they pull a Harambe on me tell my family I love them ~ u/Pwntear37d (AssangeWatch /r/)
make Walrii great again ~ DJ Omnimaga (28.11.2016 23:01:31)
God invented the pc, satan the smartphone I guess ~ p4nix (16.02.2017 22:51:49)

Alvajoy123

;D :thumbsup:
menu is done there are some problems
it will be fixed soon if you want to help make the project
download and edit it and show me  :thumbsup:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/ubzbkq7jkd210jz/LINUX.8xp
The maker of Xenon.

Alvajoy123

Quote from: p2 on April 20, 2017, 01:13:46 AM
If u're working on an actual project it's always a good idea to use git//gitlab//github//... to backup your progress and make the process much easier to understand. Also it helps a lot if u wish to get support from others.

tl;dr: use github.com
:thumbsup:you can help me if you want just download and start programing :thumbsup:
am writing it still  :D
have to work on other programs too !!!
The maker of Xenon.

Dream of Omnimaga

Do you still plan to use CE textlib for text background colors?

Edit by p2: I hate this "Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk" >.<

• Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Alvajoy123

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on April 26, 2017, 07:00:18 PM
Do you still plan to use CE textlib for text background colors?

Edit by p2: I hate this "Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk" >.<

yes i do plan on using it but i don't know what command to use to change text background
The maker of Xenon.

Dream of Omnimaga

{16,Foreground,17,Background:Asm(prgmTEXTLIB

Foreground must be a value from 10 to 25, same for background.

Alvajoy123

Linux basic is put on a pause now because I need to work on file manager for it
:(
The maker of Xenon.

Alvajoy123

This s v0.1 it not a full version
By the way a new look is coming for Linux basic
And I am taking away the waiting screen :(
Please make sure you keep up with my lastest new for Linux basic

* Alvajoy123 Linux
The maker of Xenon.

Alvajoy123

@PT_
Linux will be in ICE this is an update
Why is it in ice because ice has a viraty or commands and lot of graphic commands

This will add a better look and better funtion

*And Linux will kind of look like file manager

*Will need help with the programming part
I will be using Sprite

Why am I using Sprite?
Am using it for menu button and maybe the mouse
The maker of Xenon.

novenary

Quote from: Alvajoy123 on June 25, 2017, 08:28:05 AM
I'm sure you've already been told, but don't just say this, because it implies that you want us to hold your hand and do things for you. If you have a specific question, do ask it, but otherwise do refrain or people will dismiss you as someone who doesn't really want to learn (to be honest, it's already too late for you, but you can always make up for it).

Also, I would like you to change the name of this project. It has absolutely nothing to do with Linux, and it's a trademark infringement, which has been discussed before. Why not come up with something original?

Alvajoy123

Quote from: Streetwalrus on June 25, 2017, 09:30:36 AM
Quote from: Alvajoy123 on June 25, 2017, 08:28:05 AM
I'm sure you've already been told, but don't just say this, because it implies that you want us to hold your hand and do things for you. If you have a specific question, do ask it, but otherwise do refrain or people will dismiss you as someone who doesn't really want to learn (to be honest, it's already too late for you, but you can always make up for it).

Also, I would like you to change the name of this project. It has absolutely nothing to do with Linux, and it's a trademark infringement, which has been discussed before. Why not come up with something original?
Sorry for my actions
The problem is I did and had no idea what the ice document was talking about I had never. Used it before or done any graphic and Sprite thing before that why I had a lot of questions  :'( ???
I did not know that everyone else felt this way I was just trying to get information and resources so I can understand hrybrid basic/ ICE

Thank for telling me if someone could had told me I would had stop asking questions. And dumb bugs reporting bugs

"this never happened by the way thank you MateoC for help your the best
The maker of Xenon.