Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

[Z80 Asm] PrgmArgs

Started by Snektron, March 13, 2015, 10:26:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snektron

For the past few weeks i've been working on an app, which allows you to run TI-Basic programs with arguments.
It installs a parser hook, which parses 'prgm<name>(' to 'sin(<id>,'. Upon parsing sin( with 2 or more arguments it
launches prgm<name from id> with the arguments in list lARGS. Ans is returned as variable, allowing more
than only the program to be entered in the expression.

At this moment it won't parse programs and assumes the expression entered and parsed is less than
767 bytes. Also, since it's still not quite finished, it probably has some errors. Watch out for ram clears!

The source is available at: https://github.com/RobinDeWalvis/PrgmArgs
If you find any bugs or have any questions please post them below :)
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

Dream of Omnimaga

I'm glad you could finally overcome the issues with the Radian token by the way. I actually like this idea for a BASIC extension because this is quite handy in other programming languages (even 68K/Nspire BASIC has it I think, right?). My only concerns were:

-Will it chain with Doors CS 7, Omnicalc, Symbolic or ZStart hooks so that we can have, for example, both DCS7/ZStart and PrgmArgs installed at the same time?

-Would people be willing to install a 16 KB app in addition to Doors CS just for one extra feature? I actually see this might be more handy for Silver Edition or CE owners due to the much larger Flash memory. Would it be possible to actually make this a program instead that can be archived afterward or is it out of the question?

Nonetheless, if you can pull this off without having side effects on the TI-OS and program execution, this could be a very handy feature in the future. :)
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Snektron

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on March 14, 2015, 05:05:08 AM
-Will it chain with Doors CS 7, Omnicalc, Symbolic or ZStart hooks so that we can have, for example, both DCS7/ZStart and PrgmArgs installed at the same time?
I currently do not have any chaining, and i haven't really tested compatibillity with other apps, sso that'll probably the next thing im going to work on

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on March 14, 2015, 05:05:08 AM
-Would people be willing to install a 16 KB app in addition to Doors CS just for one extra feature? I actually see this might be more handy for Silver Edition or CE owners due to the much larger Flash memory. Would it be possible to actually make this a program instead that can be archived afterward or is it out of the question?
Well, since it installs a parser hook, no. Also, the hook is not small enough to put somewhere on saferam, plus that will get corrupted and probably crash the calculator

Anyway, im glad you like it :)
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

Dream of Omnimaga

Aah ok, sorry to hear. Good luck anyway :)
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U