Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Jarvis Artificial Intelligence

Started by alexgt, March 17, 2015, 09:45:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

IIRC There is CalcNet for linking calcs to the Intertubes. I don't really know how it works but I remember seeing an IRC client for 84+.
  • Calculators owned: A lot.

CKH4

• Calculators owned: TI-83+, TI-84+

Snektron

• Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

alexgt

• Calculators owned: Ti-84+, Ti-Nspire, Hp Prime, Broken HP Prime, HP 48SX

Dream of Omnimaga

Whether it would be possible is a different story, though. I think a CSE browser would still be text-only like Gossamer. On the CE if linking support is possible I think a browser would be able to display small images, though. That said, considering not many people use their calcs to browse the web, Gossamer was probably made just to show it could be done and how far the calc limits can be pushed. As a result, I have some doubts that Gossamer would be ported to the CE.

But yeah actually it would be interesting to see Jarvis chat via a calculator IRC client. :P Imagine people on Cemetech IRC if a bot suddenly joined via Calcnet then started trying to date Nikkybot XD (although I would recommend just testing in a separate channel to spare them the spam and ask Tev to put Nikkybot there)
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Snektron

Is there actually a ti 84 IRC client? and webpages would probably be very hard with the lack of colors and display size (and ram) on a 84+.
And it'd take a year to interpret a small webpage on a CSE <_<

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

Not really it would takes years to parse it, it would take days to draw it. (We have some tiny html parser for Casio as projects. It's a bit different from the usual HTML but the basis is there and it works)
  • Calculators owned: A lot.

Snektron

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: Cumred_Snektron on March 23, 2015, 01:16:04 PM
Is there actually a ti 84 IRC client? and webpages would probably be very hard with the lack of colors and display size (and ram) on a 84+.
And it'd take a year to interpret a small webpage on a CSE <_<
Yes there is an IRC Client: http://www.cemetech.net/programs/index.php?mode=file&path=/83plus/asm/programs/calcnetchat.zip

As for the browser it exists too. A video on Youtube even showed Kerm browsing Omnimaga and Cemetech from it: http://www.cemetech.net/programs/index.php?mode=file&id=598

But of course both requires connecting the calculator to a computer and use a bridge ran on the computer to allow the connection to be done. Maybe one day using a Spark Core device will be possible too: http://www.cemetech.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10696
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Snektron

Maybe a usb wifi dongle is also usable, though that would require some inside knowlege or driver disassemblement <_<

Unicorn

I wonder if MateoConLechuga's Mono2color project might port gosamer fairly well.
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: Cumred_Snektron on March 23, 2015, 05:34:20 PM
Maybe a usb wifi dongle is also usable, though that would require some inside knowlege or driver disassemblement <_<
Yeah that's what I thought as well since the beginning of the Sparks Core discussion. I hope the protocol is not different for each Wifi dongle, though, because I can't see how someone would attempt supporting over a dozen different ones. >.<

Anyway alexgt first needs to get his chat bot program to be fully operational before we can think about making a gCn version. :P

Snektron

Or pick a cheap one that's shipped across the world. In any case someone needs to be able (and willing) to develop such a driver,
which certainly isnt easy :P

alexgt

Here is an attachment of the latest stuff! (follow the screenshot because I am too lazy to write a readme  <_<).

EDIT: most of the glitches you see are graphical and you can use the slash with "(-)" and the letters in the top right switch between uppercase alpha, numbers, and lowercase alpha. You can switch these with "X,T,o,n". Also there is Calc, .EXE, and Regular modes (do not use ones other than the plain one (they are WIP)). Thanks and report any glitches! :)
  • Calculators owned: Ti-84+, Ti-Nspire, Hp Prime, Broken HP Prime, HP 48SX

Snektron