Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

CodeWalr.us Post Notifier [Windows] [Mac] [Linux]

Started by DarkestEx, May 17, 2015, 09:12:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snektron

Great! I actually don't know if the mobile version has sound... i should check that. I also should finish it up and release it >.<
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

alexgt

Laziness is man's way to think he has stuff under control :P
  • Calculators owned: Ti-84+, Ti-Nspire, Hp Prime, Broken HP Prime, HP 48SX

DarkestEx

It's done  ;D
The Notifier is now in Beta. All functions are working and implemented. Now we only need to test it.
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+, Casio 101-S, RPN-Calc, Hewlett-Packard 100LX, Hewlett-Packard 95LX
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Original Commodore 64C, C64 DTV, Nintendo GameBoy Color, Nintendo GameCube, Xbox 360, PlayStation 2

DarkestEx

As the Notifier is now in testing Beta, here's how you can all try it:

First download https://github.com/muessigb/CodeWalrii-Notifier/archive/master.zip to your computer and extract it.
Then go to the src-client/CodeWalriiNotify/bin/Release folder in the extracted folder.

Now make sure Mono and GTK# is installed:
On Windows, make sure .NET Framework >= 4 is installed and you have to install the GTK# redist package: http://download.xamarin.com/GTKforWindows/Windows/gtk-sharp-2.12.26.msi
On Linux, make sure mono-complete or similar is installed (you need the whole framework including GTK#).
On Mac, I dunno; but something with mono too :P

Then open the CodeWalriiNotify.exe by either:
typing in the Linux shell: mono CodeWalriiNotify.exe
or just double clicking the CodeWalriiNotify.exe in Windows.

Have fun :D
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+, Casio 101-S, RPN-Calc, Hewlett-Packard 100LX, Hewlett-Packard 95LX
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Original Commodore 64C, C64 DTV, Nintendo GameBoy Color, Nintendo GameCube, Xbox 360, PlayStation 2

Dream of Omnimaga

Awesome! I downloaded it and will try it soon. :)

I also moved both notifier topics to the CodeWalrus Tools sub-forum (renamed from WalrusIRC)
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Unicorn

Awesome! I hope I can figure out how to indtall it... Not that it will be hard . ;)
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

alexgt

Quote from: Unicorn on June 08, 2015, 07:49:14 AM
Awesome! I hope I can figure out how to indtall it... Not that it will be hard . ;)
Awesome, and ^same :P
  • Calculators owned: Ti-84+, Ti-Nspire, Hp Prime, Broken HP Prime, HP 48SX

Ivoah

Think you'll ever port this to iOS?
  • Calculators owned: TI-86 (now broken), TI SR-56, TI-Nspire CX CAS, TI-84+ SE, TI-84+ SE, TI-85, TI-73 Explorer VS, ViewScreen, TI-84+ CSE, TI-83+ SE

DarkestEx

Quote from: Ivoah on June 08, 2015, 04:37:33 PM
I probably don't have to say you that this is the PC version, which is written in C# and GTK. So no way to port it sadly.

Ivoah

Quote from: DarkestEx on June 08, 2015, 04:38:30 PM
I probably don't have to say you that this is the PC version, which is written in C# and GTK. So no way to port it sadly.
I don't think the C# would have been an issue, but yeah, no GTK on iOS. What was the android version written in?
  • Calculators owned: TI-86 (now broken), TI SR-56, TI-Nspire CX CAS, TI-84+ SE, TI-84+ SE, TI-85, TI-73 Explorer VS, ViewScreen, TI-84+ CSE, TI-83+ SE

Snektron

Java :) I won't port that either sadly, neither Brent, TheCoder or me have a mac and also 200$ / year for dev is a bit too much imo (I understand they want to keep the crapp apps out of the app store but still)

EDIT: Ninja'd :ninja:

DarkestEx

Quote from: Ivoah on June 08, 2015, 04:39:38 PM
Quote from: DarkestEx on June 08, 2015, 04:38:30 PM
I don't think the C# would have been an issue, but yeah, no GTK on iOS. What was the android version written in?
In Android flavored Java, by Cumred.

Ivoah

Quote from: Cumred_Snektron on June 08, 2015, 04:42:25 PM
Java :) I won't port that either sadly, neither Brent, TheCoder or me have a mac and also 200$ / year for dev is a bit too much imo
Yeah, the dev prices are pretty high :(

DarkestEx

Quote from: Ivoah on June 08, 2015, 04:43:20 PM
Quote from: Cumred_Snektron on June 08, 2015, 04:42:25 PM
Java :) I won't port that either sadly, neither Brent, TheCoder or me have a mac and also 200$ / year for dev is a bit too much imo
Yeah, the dev prices are pretty high :(
But yeah. We have a notifier now for almost all useful modern platforms, including Android, Linux, Windows and Max OS X and the WalrusIRC post notifications.
That's way more than any other tech forum  ;D

Snektron

Well, i got to finish up the android notifier (especially since the project needs to be done in like 3 days :P) first