Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

(split) CodeWalrus Minecraft Server

Started by brentmaas, October 12, 2015, 12:56:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dream of Omnimaga

With the problem of time zones and different schedule, I don't think a server that isn't on 24/7  would be a viable option to keep people around.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

c4ooo

I am suggesting an official PVP turnement - the server should only be up during the turnement, i hope you understand what i am trying to say.

Snektron

Yeah but if you want to organise tournaments you're going to have a timezone problem, like DJ said :P
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

Yuki

Okay I'm bored let's try this.

mc.codewalr.us

It's just a flat world to build stuff on, other more regular worlds can be added later.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

Dream of Omnimaga

As long as it doesn't run off CW server I am fine with it. On the other hand, I hope it doesn't lag like mad like your previous MC server >.< (blocks would re-appear non-stop as you destroy them)
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Yuki

Yeah pretty much nothing runs on that server except Eggdrop, better use it for something.
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

Dream of Omnimaga

Well... make sure that Eggdrops don't start disconnecting like mad now, though. :P Anyway an advice I have would be to keep this server different from Bosaiknet. We are affiliate with them so we should probably make sure that ours is different. And make it visible, such as in the first post and how to connect and stuff.

Yuki

Oh, yeah, that's right. Looks like Bosaik's is on survival mode while this one is on creative mode, so no worries here. Then it's settled, if you wanna play survival you better go on BosaikNet.
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN

Dream of Omnimaga

Creative mode like your old server seems like a good deal IMHO. Perhaps both could be added to the first post (eg Survival: mc.bosaik.net or whatever it is, and Creative: mc.codewalr.us)

Yuki

Probably yeah. Anyway, I like creative mode better.

Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN

brentmaas

I'd love to try it out, as soon as school allows me
Lel I glitched Omni

Dream of Omnimaga

This looks nice juju. I hope it doesn't do like on your old server where the Neritic guys kept destroying our stuff <_<

Is it possible to setup protections against griefing in vanilla? I forgot.

brentmaas

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on December 02, 2015, 05:52:59 AM
This looks nice juju. I hope it doesn't do like on your old server where the Neritic guys kept destroying our stuff <_<

Is it possible to setup protections against griefing in vanilla? I forgot.
Bukkit used to have plugins for that, but has been taken down by the DMCA. I believe someone else revived the project under the name Spigot.
Lel I glitched Omni

Snektron

Oh yeah, that was one mother of a c move <_<. Though i think creaftbukkit, where bukkit and spigot are build on, is still up.
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

Dream of Omnimaga

Wait, why did Bukkit get hit by a DMCA? O.O