Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

[TI-84+CE] Opossum Massage Simulator [TI-84+CSE][TI-Nspire][PC][Android][HP Prime]

Started by Dream of Omnimaga, February 18, 2016, 07:59:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dudeman313

Okay. :)
I saw the intro at the Arcade, and I just have to say: LOL. :D
  • Calculators owned: TI-84 PCE
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Android O Phone
Does this qualify as a signature? 
The answer is "Sure."

Dream of Omnimaga

Actually, the CSE version lacks the Donald Trump screen.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Dudeman313

The answer is "Sure."

Dream of Omnimaga

Good news: The game is finally COMPLETE! :D

And yeah @Dudeman313 It even has extra stuff. Actually the PC game needs an update since it was made based on an incomplete version of the original. :P

As for the Trump screen, I added it, but it's different from @gameblabla 's version. I removed most of the background and resized it down, so that it fits in the remaining 80x40 pixels space I had left, then I drew a table with xLIBC rectangle command. The story, unlike in his version, was also left intact. Basically the only difference is that the massage guy is actually Bruce Lee's relative Chin, who is retired and now has good massaging skills, and US President Trump sends him to massage an opossum as the rest of the story says.

Once Kerm releases DCE9 this game will also work on the TI-84+CE. Donal Trump will not be featured in the ticalc.org version of the game (as per their site policies).

Download link: https://codewalr.us/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=1129.0;attach=969
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Dudeman313

The answer is "Sure."

gameblabla

QuoteGood news: The game is finally COMPLETE! :D
yay, finally.

QuoteActually the PC game needs an update since it was made based on an incomplete version of the original. :P
And that's what i did : i have updated my version too. (still no sound though)

Two game modes are available : Linear and Mood.
In "Linear", the game becomes gradually difficult.
In "Mood" mode, the possum changes its mood randomly after a certain amount of time.

The Windows and TI Nspire CX versions can be downloaded here

Can't wait for the sequel Opossum Massacre Simulator lol

QuoteAs for the Trump screen, I added it, but it's different from @gameblabla 's version.
Nice variation but i can't find any mentions of the "ugly cin reds" :p
  • Calculators owned: None (used to own an Nspire and TI-89)

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: gameblabla on April 08, 2016, 02:46:41 PM
QuoteGood news: The game is finally COMPLETE! :D
yay, finally.

QuoteActually the PC game needs an update since it was made based on an incomplete version of the original. :P
And that's what i did : i have updated my version too. (still no sound though)

Two game modes are available : Linear and Mood.
In "Linear", the game becomes gradually difficult.
In "Mood" mode, the possum changes its mood randomly after a certain amount of time.

The Windows and TI Nspire CX versions can be downloaded here

Can't wait for the sequel Opossum Massacre Simulator lol

QuoteAs for the Trump screen, I added it, but it's different from @gameblabla 's version.
Nice variation but i can't find any mentions of the "ugly cin reds" :p
I tried to keep the game free of bigotry. I don't want the entire Chinese TI community to turn their back against me or us, after all. Porting HK97 would be different, simply because it was not made by us and would just be a verbatim port. >.<

gameblabla

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on April 08, 2016, 03:51:05 PM
I tried to keep the game free of bigotry. I don't want the entire Chinese TI community to turn their back against me or us, after all. Porting HK97 would be different, simply because it was not made by us and would just be a verbatim port. >.<
Well, we just can't have nice things :(

But it was funny seeing their reactions when they saw the "free tibet" on my picodrive emulator,
calling me terrorist and all names ROFL
  • Calculators owned: None (used to own an Nspire and TI-89)

Dream of Omnimaga

Haha yeah That was ridiculous. Also, ticalc has a rule disallowing programs from depicting any real person other than the author. O.O

Dudeman313

So, you can put a picture of yourself in your game, but not a random hobo? :P
The answer is "Sure."

Dream of Omnimaga

I am fairly sure that if the other person is in poor quality, such as being pixelated enough to not be recognizeable, then perhaps it would be fine. But generally I think this rule was to prevent defamatory content, especially towards other community members, from landing in their archives.

Dudeman313

The answer is "Sure."

JWinslow23

This is actually a great game. Funny, too. The HappySoft influences are strong with this one...all it's missing is a 5 second loop of music that never stops.

But, how do you quit out of the game without using ON? I feel dirty whenever I have to BREAK out of a program. :blah:

Dream of Omnimaga

I rarely add a way to quit my games besides ON :P. The only time I do it is if a game can cause problems and crashes if quit prematurely. I could add that option if you really want it, though.  As for the game I could say it can be enjoyable to play in the way it's a reflex game, just not intended to be very quality. :P And yeah, I had a lot of influence from the following:

-Happysoft: Hong Kong 97 (which OMS is a spiritual, but unnoficial sequel of).
-MEpearlA: The opossum massage lady on Youtube, especially her opossum alien alert video
-Crappy games reviewed by AVGN (mainly LJN "classics")

If I made a console version of the game, the music I would choose would probably be as unfitting as possible (such as this, probably remade in 16 bits or something to avoid re-uploading copyrighted material, or some old 80's acid house song that talks about drugs :P)

Dream of Omnimaga

An updated version of the abridged version of the game has been uploaded to ticalc.org. Here are the changes:

-The BruceLee's (sic) relative Chin screen is back, but with Chin himself instead of Trump and Trump's name is not mentioned in the text.

Now if this wasn't for the fact I wanted to put emphasis on opossum massaging, this game would probably be called New York 2017 and copy the fake intro that AVGN made up in his review of HK97. After all, this sequel happens in the United States, not Hong Kong. :P