Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

The end is nigh

Started by Snektron, September 19, 2015, 12:37:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

novenary

Yeah it's definitely possible that tiny black holes form in the LHC, since they're born from collapsing mass. Or anything that would make mass reach normally impossible densities.

Quote from: Bruce cinsonWaiting in line
For the ending of time
If eternity should fail~

Yuki

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on September 19, 2015, 07:32:11 PM
I see then. Something I wonder too is if multiple nuclear tests at once could tilt Earth axis or get it out of its orbit? Or could it generate big earthquakes if it was held in an area like Japan or San Andreas?
For nuclear tests, they do make sure nothing is harmed when it falls and it lands somewhere nobody cares about, like in the middle of the ocean. Countries does have several nuclear weapons pointed at each other, ready for a potential World War III. You know what happened at Hiroshima, Nagasaki, Chernobyl and Fukushima, how nuclear insta-destroyed those towns, countries definitely can do worse than that. What would happen if those weapons were pointed at New York, Moscow, or even anywhere?

No wonder Einstein hated this E=mc2 formula he made up.

Quote from: Streetwalrus on September 19, 2015, 07:35:30 PM
Quote from: Bruce cinsonWaiting in line
For the ending of time
If eternity should fail~
I like this quote, for some reason. Maybe because Maiden.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

novenary

Not to mention the smallest modern nuclear warheads are several dozen times as powerful as Littleboy (the Hiroshima bomb).

Yuki

According to Wikipedia, Little Boy "contained 64 kg (141 lb) of enriched uranium, of which less than a kilogram underwent nuclear fission", which yields an explosion "with an energy of approximately 15 kilotons of TNT (63 TJ)". Nuclear fission is pretty much converting matter into energy according to the E=mc2 formula. If everything is perfect, "the maximum theoretical yield from 1 kg of matter by converting all of the mass into energy (by mass–energy equivalence, E = mc2) yields 89.8 petajoules or the equivalent of 21.5 megatons of TNT"[1].
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

Dream of Omnimaga

I am too lazy to look up what those units means and I forgot, but does it mean it would be smaller in power?
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Snektron

This made me think of a story i read online. It's a half hour read but it's quite cool http://www.physics.princeton.edu/ph115/LQ.pdf

(Maybe but spoilers in spoiler tags :P)
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

Legimet

Quote from: Juju on September 19, 2015, 07:43:21 PM

According to Conservapedia, E=mc2 is "liberal claptrap."  9_9

Yuki

Ah yeah, that story is pretty good.
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: Legimet on September 19, 2015, 10:01:57 PM
Quote from: Juju on September 19, 2015, 07:43:21 PM

According to Conservapedia, E=mc2 is "liberal claptrap."  9_9
That's nothing. Some people still thinks the Earth is flat :P
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Snektron

Chemtrails are intestring too.
This article is dutch though http://www.skepsis.nl/chemtrails.html
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

Dream of Omnimaga

Conspiracy theorists are at it again Cumred, I guess. But again even the TI community has conspiracy theories :P