Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Sorcery of Uvutu PC Port

Started by 123outerme, August 17, 2017, 09:45:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_iPhoenix_

Quote from: 123outerme on October 14, 2017, 01:15:41 AM
Quote from: _iPhoenix_ on October 13, 2017, 10:46:23 AM
Quote from: 123outerme on October 11, 2017, 01:09:31 AM
My sincerest apologies for not having Linux compatibility in the first place. As @gameblabla helped basically hand-hold me through, I scotch-taped v1.0 together so that it worked on Windows, but consistently crashed on Linux. Thanks to his efforts (no really, he did like 80% of the digging on this), I was able to see how and where I had scotch tape in the engine, and thankfully patched it up with some real compatibility. I've tested it myself, Sorcery of Uvutu is officially not broken for Linux! And by that logic, it's compatible. However, there have been some reports about glitchy graphics, and I've done my best to fix what I know is glitchy, so please report them if you find them. Here's the link if you missed it:

https://github.com/123outerme/Sorcery-of-SDL/releases
* _iPhoenix_ groans something about Mac compatibility
Why, is there something wrong with Mac compatibility? If you have GCC, you should be able to build your own version and play that.

Oh yeah, I forgot. I'll try it soon.
  • Calculators owned: Two TI-84+ CE's
Please spam here: https://legend-of-iphoenix.github.io/spam/

"walruses are better than tuxedo chickens, all hail the great :walrii:" ~ me
Evolution of my avatar:

123outerme

Quote from: _iPhoenix_ on October 14, 2017, 02:54:14 PM
Oh yeah, I forgot. I'll try it soon.
Good thing too, because I just fixed all graphical glitches for the Linux version! I also slightly modified a few animations and tiny other things like that.
Download is still in the OP.
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+CSE, TI-nspire Clickpad, TI-84+SE

Dream of Omnimaga

Is there a PC executable available? I am not into Linux nor all that source code compiling stuff due to not being tech-savy enough, but the version I got on my PC is very old and when I downloaded the so-called 1.03 binaries, all the zip file contained was source code and stuff.

EDIT Nevermind I found the executables. I am used to everyone else refering to "binaries" and "executables" as the same thing rather than binaries being source code.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

123outerme

Quote from: xlibman on October 20, 2017, 03:40:54 AM
Is there a PC executable available? I am not into Linux nor all that source code compiling stuff due to not being tech-savy enough, but the version I got on my PC is very old and when I downloaded the so-called 1.03 binaries, all the zip file contained was source code and stuff.
Yeah, the download link SorceryOfUvutuPC.zip is the executable file. You can also just download from this link, so you don't have to go looking for it: https://github.com/123outerme/Sorcery-of-SDL/files/1384850/SorceryOfUvutuPC.zip

Dream of Omnimaga

Thanks. I'm kinda side-tracked right now but I downloaded it so I can try it in a few minutes. I also wanted to check out your other game. ^^

EDIT: Game is fun so far. I like the newly-added animations and the smoother movement :D
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Dream of Omnimaga

So I played the entire game and it was fun. Some issues, though:

-All bosses die in one or two hits no matter how low your attack power is.
-Treasure chests stop working after beating the optional boss in world 7. Save+quit then reload is required
-In one occasion, I chose the max character name lenght and then it glitched up in battles, becoming DJ OMNIMAÿâÿÿÿ :) (including the smiley) or stuff like that in battle.
-There was another one but I forgot.

123outerme

Quote from: xlibman on October 25, 2017, 12:06:15 PM
So I played the entire game and it was fun. Some issues, though:

-All bosses die in one or two hits no matter how low your attack power is.
-Treasure chests stop working after beating the optional boss in world 7. Save+quit then reload is required
-In one occasion, I chose the max character name lenght and then it glitched up in battles, becoming DJ OMNIMAÿâÿÿÿ :) (including the smiley) or stuff like that in battle.
-There was another one but I forgot.
Glad to hear you liked it! I looked at the VoD for your stream to take a look at these bugs, and there's one I couldn't trace, which is the W7 chests glitch. I took a look at the code, and I'm absolutely sure if the chest displayed, it should be pick-up-able. To draw the chest onscreen, it finds the X/Y coords in a list based on which map it's in, then sets  its type to "chest", which means that when you step on the chest, it runs the chest pick-up code. I'll take a look at the code again, since it's the optional boss, there could be something funky specifically there. However, in the meantime, I uploaded v1.1 to GitHub, which fixes all the other above issues. The issue you had with boss health was actually due to a miscalculation when calculating boss HP.