Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Shell that opens when prgm key is pressed.

Started by c4ooo, May 09, 2016, 01:58:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: Unicorn on May 11, 2016, 02:51:03 AM
Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on May 10, 2016, 05:33:03 AM
@Unicorn By pre-chosen program, do you mean like on the TI-89 where pressing diamond+another key launches a program that was assigned to that key combo for quick access?
Yes, exaclty, @c4ooo
I'M c4ooo now? O.O
Quote from: c4ooo on May 16, 2016, 10:52:47 PM
Great news! You can now create folders with names, and their names are displayed correctly. I can not confirm this, but any folder you create in my shell should be visible in Doors CE and vice versa.
That is great news. Hopefully Doors won't break compatibility with them in the future. I like folders since the CE lacks apps and thus, could make the program menu much more cluttered in the near future. Just make sure that RAM clears won't erase our folders setup like MirageOS 1.2 did <_<
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Unicorn

Woops, didn't phrase the post very well. :P Was saying that you where correct, and I wanted c4ooo to see it.

Anyways, having folders is really nice, when do you think we can get a download?
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Dream of Omnimaga

By the way, I am curious about what is the current file size? Some shells' main selling point are the smaller file size, since some people don't mind having less features. On the other hand, you already have competition from PHASM on that point. :P
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

c4ooo

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on May 17, 2016, 05:18:31 AM
By the way, I am curious about what is the current file size? Some shells' main selling point are the smaller file size, since some people don't mind having less features. On the other hand, you already have competition from PHASM on that point. :P
It's about 5KB right now, though it will probably be 16KB when i finish it :P

Here's a screenshot of the Program/File creation menu :) :

Dream of Omnimaga

Thanks for the new screenshot. The other one was kinda blurry for some reasons :P

Also nice choice of colors, although I think the black text on blue should be white (unless it actually looks fine this way on-calc? Sometimes things look better on-calc than emulators or vice-versa).

Are icons supported, by the way?

c4ooo

I don't think i will support programs having icons. Maybe i will do it like MirageOS though and have  the icon show up in the corner of the screen when you select the program.

Dream of Omnimaga

That would be fine :)

By the way, how stable is the shell hook so far and what works?

Unicorn

I'd forgotten about this! @c4ooo, how goes progress with this, I'm looking forward to it :)
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

c4ooo

Progress has been slow the last two weeks ;/
I have however resumed work on the Shell today :)
Here's some code i wrote today :P
    ld a,(temp2)
    or a
    jp z,createTheDamFile
    call _ChkFindSym
    ld a,b
    or a
    jp nz,thatDamFileIsArchived
    call _DelVar
    jr createTheDamFile
thatDamFileIsArchived:
    call _DelVarArc
createTheDamFile:
    ld hl,0
    call _CreateProg

Dream of Omnimaga

Those label names XD

Glad to see progress, though.

c4ooo

Not much progress yet, but the shell now can detect archived and protected programs  :D (In the futer, folders will not have icons by them)

I will soon make a list of the *major* things that i need to implement before a beta release will be possible.
RIght now, i would be grateful if  someone could make me an 'archived' and 'locked' icon. Here is my current icon sprite sheet:

Each image is 16 pixels wide but a maximum of 15 high. The last two are the archived and locked icons, respectively. As you can tell, i also need a better 'asm' program icon and a 'TIBASIC' program icon (currently a question mark)

Unicorn

Looking good! For an archived icon you could do like an icon zip file or something.

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Dream of Omnimaga

I like them :D, but maybe you should highlight the entire icon instead of just 70% of the sprite :P

MateoConLechuga

Quote from: c4ooo on July 05, 2016, 07:22:12 AM
Progress has been slow the last two weeks ;/
I have however resumed work on the Shell today :)
Here's some code i wrote today :P
    ld a,(temp2)
    or a
    jp z,createTheDamFile
    call _ChkFindSym
    ld a,b
    or a
    jp nz,thatDamFileIsArchived
    call _DelVar
    jr createTheDamFile
thatDamFileIsArchived:
    call _DelVarArc
createTheDamFile:
    ld hl,0
    call _CreateProg

Your code doesnt actually behave the way you may be anticipating. Here's a possible solution:

ld a,(temp2)
  or a,a
  jr z,+_
  call _PushOP1
  call _ChkFindSym
  call _DeleteVarArc
  call _PopOP1
_:
  or a,a
  sbc hl,hl
  call _CreateProg

Also note that your way of checking archived status is incorrect in your code :p The saving of OP1 technically may not be nesassary, but is an okay future proofing technique.

c4ooo

Thanks mateo! TBH i dont get the difference between DelVar, DelVarArc, and DelVarNoArc.

I was wondering how to treat the deletion of folders. When a folder is deleted should all item in that folder be deleted too? Or should all files/folders in the deleted folder be moved to Folder:Root or something?