Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Posting one topic in multiple sub-forums is now possible!

Started by Dream of Omnimaga, July 02, 2015, 12:36:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dream of Omnimaga

Have you ever made a calculator project, but then been forced to create a second topic for it in order to release it in the downloads archives? Have you ever ran into the dilemma about where to put the topic of a project that is both for calculators and computers or a discussion that fits way more than one category?

Well, good news: CodeWalrus now has a new feature called "Clone Topic"! Basically, you can request a staff member that a topic be listed into multiple sections, for which we recommend PMing them, using the @mention feature or e-mailing a d m i n @ c o d e w a l r . u s. Once your topic is cloned, it will remain in its original sub-forum, but if you browse the section it was cloned to, the topic will show up there as well. Note that the topic replies will only count towards the post count of its main sub-forum. When clicking the topic from a different category than its main one, you will be redirected to its original sub-forum.

In addition to that, the ability to clone your own topics yourselves is available for the CodeWalrus Supporters (via paid subscriptions) and  Elite Coders. Remember that topics must be relevant to the categories they are listed in, though. This feature is located via a button at the bottom of the topic view, above Quick Reply.

Enjoy!
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Yuki

• Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

Unicorn

• Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

alexgt

• Calculators owned: Ti-84+, Ti-Nspire, Hp Prime, Broken HP Prime, HP 48SX

Unicorn

Indeed, I know DJ needed something like this for FF:MF
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Dream of Omnimaga

Yeah, I wanted the download topic to also show up in the project sub-forum. And now Caticles Chronicles shows up in both as well.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Unicorn

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Hayleia

Great !
I was indeed wondering how it would be possible for me to put Four Shades of Grey both in "Contests" and in the invisibru "Hayleia's projects" subforum :)

Snektron

• Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

CKH4

Nice, does this mean that you'll make a front page news sub forum so that the lazy of us can get notifications?
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+, TI-84+

Dream of Omnimaga

I don't think you'll be notified if the topic is assigned to a different primary board, but i could move all front page topics one by one into a news section then clone them back in their original sub-forums.

CKH4

Yep that'd be great. I hope you still get a notification if a topic is moved instead of posted.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+, TI-84+

Dream of Omnimaga

The only issue with setting a new board is that if, one day, we are forced to upgrade to SMF 2.1 or 3.0 and that the author of the clone topic mod decides to stop maintaining it, then we would have to move all topics back to their original sub-forums so that they don't get lost. I hope that doesn't happen. Hopefully we can take pre-emptive measures (such as having one staff member port the current mod to SMF 2.1)

Snektron

Will editing the one post automatically update the second too?
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

Dream of Omnimaga