Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Pokemon [fx9860]

Started by p4nix, June 15, 2015, 06:38:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unicorn

Quote from: Duke "Tape" Eiyeron on July 20, 2015, 03:58:16 PM
Hope you'll be able to do something playable soon! :D

I'm hoping this to, along with a screenshot!
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

Or open-sourcing the code so I can check if everuthing is going fine or give my two cents to help improve! :p
  • Calculators owned: A lot.

alexgt

I have a friend that has this calc (I think but I am not sure :-|)
  • Calculators owned: Ti-84+, Ti-Nspire, Hp Prime, Broken HP Prime, HP 48SX

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

I have one of them. But well, if you have access to the project files ,you could run them into the SDK's emulator to see how it works.

alexgt

No I don't have them sadly :(

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

I know, he doesn't look like he has already given any project snapshots. Oh well, you could still search for Casio's SDK and play with it. ALso try to grab some libraries for these calcs. THey're quite messy (because troubels with hardware differences and chaotic organization) but you could get to something quite quickly after dealing with the hardest crap.

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: Duke "Tape" Eiyeron on July 20, 2015, 04:09:22 PM
I know, he doesn't look like he has already given any project snapshots. Oh well, you could still search for Casio's SDK and play with it. ALso try to grab some libraries for these calcs. THey're quite messy (because troubels with hardware differences and chaotic organization) but you could get to something quite quickly after dealing with the hardest crap.
Doesn't the emulator cost like $200, though? (over twice the calc price) Or did Casio release a different emulator for the SDK than FX 9860 Manager? I know he can use the trial of the latter and stuff but it's generally not the most ideal solution.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

alexgt

I could borrow my friends calc but I am not even sure what one it is.

p4nix

*necroposts*
Exclusive E3-screenshot incoming! Will be able to code more soon!
  • Calculators owned: fx9860GII (SH4)

Unicorn

Quote from: p4nix on August 10, 2015, 02:13:21 PM
*necroposts*
Awesome! Can't wait to see more progress! :)
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Dream of Omnimaga

Looks pretty nice. I wonder if you have an emulator now? Because you could take animated screenshots with Camstudio (save as avi, then convert avi with VirtualDub to gif or just post on Youtube). I think the emulator runs at different speed than the calc, tho. I hope this Pokémon clone is completed, unlike most others.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Unicorn

Oh yes, screenshots will be needed  :)

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

TIfanx1999

*necroposts*

Looks really nice!

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

*necroposts*
So... Kanto confirmed? :p
Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on July 21, 2015, 06:01:43 AM
Quote from: Duke "Tape" Eiyeron on July 20, 2015, 04:09:22 PM
Doesn't the emulator cost like $200, though? (over twice the calc price) Or did Casio release a different emulator for the SDK than FX 9860 Manager? I know he can use the trial of the latter and stuff but it's generally not the most ideal solution.
You're mistaking FX Manager with the actual Casio SDK, a soft half official given by Casio.

Dream of Omnimaga

Ok right I always forget about the difference.  I still wish there was a community emulator so that it was easier for people to test and debug 9860G/PRIZM games.

Regarding the game, I think there should be a cheat code or secret stone that allows Pikachu to evolve into Walriichu instead of Raichu. It wouldn't really be an official Pokémon, but since it's a calculator game I guess it would be cool to have a TI community reference.