Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

[Minecraft] [HP Prime] MinePrime - Minecraft on a Hp Prime!

Started by alexgt, April 20, 2015, 12:22:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snektron

This is 2D, but he also wants to make a 3D version :)

EDIT: the leet is real
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

Unicorn

Cool! anything 3D is amazing if ya ask me.

Screenshot the leetness!
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

alexgt

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on April 26, 2015, 04:08:07 AM
IMHO you should focus on the 2D version first, though, unless you really get many ideas and need to put them into code form for the 3D version.  Plus with a 2D version being completed, when you make the 3D version you would mostly need to worry about the 3D and speed side of things rather than having to worry about implementing everything else (although you would still need to implement the extra axis)

By the way, do you use the TICKS command to restrict the game speed? That can be handy if you want it to run at the same speed on both the emulator and calc. WAIT(<seconds>) also works, but it's not as accurate.
Yup I am focusing on 2D for right now and also I have to look at tutorials because I have no idea how to do 3D stuff. Thanks for the TICKS suggestion I saw it before but I will implement it now since you reminded me :P.  The 3D version will probably be completely re-written but based on the stuff I learn making this one but that will be in the future probably over summer vacation.

As of now I will complete homework and then work on this today

Look forward to:
- Got the collision for the player done remind me to implement a SUB() that will check at given coords
- Make player model
- Will start on block breaking
- Add map tweaks will be made
- Light levels probably not in this update but I want to get it done soon so I don't run into bugs in the future
- time of day might end up in this one but I am restricted on time

Thanks for all the help and support :) my time is limited on the computer because of parents <_< so If the update is ready it might be rushed and there might not be screenies at first but I will post some. Thanks again :)

• Calculators owned: Ti-84+, Ti-Nspire, Hp Prime, Broken HP Prime, HP 48SX

Dream of Omnimaga

As long as your parents don't block CodeWalrus in the filters or stuff like that. <_< Make sure to keep your grades up, though, in case.

What do you mean by light levels by the way?
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U
Now active at https://discord.gg/cuZcfcF (CodeWalrus server)

Unicorn

If the light is a certain level,or brightness in a place, it tells whether monsters can spawn or not.

My parents also limit my time on the computer, as my mac is broken.
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Dream of Omnimaga

Oh right, I forgot about monsters. Thanks for the explanation.

Also I hope they didn't limit your computer time in retaliation to the Mac getting broken, thinking you did it >.<
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Unicorn

Oh, no it was a really run down mac when I got it. Once I get a new laptop, I will get more time to do my stuffs.

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

CKH4

I recommend anything with above an A6 or dedicated nvidia card. This is the one that I use and it can handle a lot of gaming stuff: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/toshiba-satellite-15-6-laptop-amd-a8-series-4gb-memory-1tb-hard-drive-jet-black/8541017.p?id=1219345074266

Anyways good luck alexgt.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+, TI-84+

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: CKH4 on April 29, 2015, 06:33:33 PM
I recommend anything with above an A6 or dedicated nvidia card. This is the one that I use and it can handle a lot of gaming stuff: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/toshiba-satellite-15-6-laptop-amd-a8-series-4gb-memory-1tb-hard-drive-jet-black/8541017.p?id=1219345074266

Anyways good luck alexgt.
Yeah I think that was why he made a computer topic a week ago. You might want to post about this there instead. :)

alexgt

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on April 29, 2015, 04:00:30 PM
As long as your parents don't block CodeWalrus in the filters or stuff like that. <_< Make sure to keep your grades up, though, in case.

What do you mean by light levels by the way?
My dad says he will put a filter on but i don't think he will. Also my grades are pretty much all A's not to brag though.

Light levels wont just include monsters but I will use it to stop you from seeing too far from layered blocks eg: the visibility of blocks diminishes the more blocks there are on top if it so you can't cheat in caves and see all them diamonds :)

All that stuff will not be in the next update sorry I am working on breaking blocks and once I get that sorted out I will post it than the other stuff will come

Thanks for the help and support :)

Unicorn

Whoa, hidden ores... never thought of that! Anyways, that is more a cool feature, block breaking is VERY important.

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Dream of Omnimaga

Wow I hope light levels like this aren't too hard to implement. Good luck! Will the next update allow you to place blocks?

Strontium

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on April 29, 2015, 04:00:30 PM

Thats what proxies are for :P
  • Calculators owned: TI Nspire CX, HP Prime
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: NES

Snektron

My dad used to set a timer on my internet, so i could only use it for instance 16:00 - 17:00... But my phone wasn't on that timer, so i used USB-tethering :3
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

alexgt

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on April 30, 2015, 04:53:43 AM
Wow I hope light levels like this aren't too hard to implement. Good luck! Will the next update allow you to place blocks?
Once I get block breaking implemented it will (hopefully) be easy to make block placing but I would need and inventory and stuff before I release it so the next update will just have collision, breaking, and a map. I am working on breaking then I will be done and release it.
EDIT: The light levels will update when you break/place blocks and only in that area. I will use FILLPOLY() and it's alpha channels to do that so it really won't be super difficult I just will have to fugure out where to draw them and how dark they should be.

Thanks for the help and support :)