Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Have you ever met a calculator community member in real life?

Started by Dream of Omnimaga, June 24, 2016, 03:12:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

p2

seriously? There's no booping nor dancing involved? D:

luckily we dont have bears here xD (or is it sad, idk... At least I'm sad we don't have wolves here...)
  • Calculators owned: ti-83+, ti-84+, ti-84+, ti-84+se, ti-84+se(te), ti-nsphire, ti-nsphire CAS, ti-nsphire CX-CAS, ti-voyage, ti-voyage, Who reads this list anyways...?
Anyway war sucks. Just bring us your food instead of missiles  :P ~ DJ Omnimaga (11.10.2016 20:21:48)
if you cant get a jframe set up, draw stuff to it, and receive input, i can only imagine how horrible your game code is _._   ~ c4ooo (14.11.2016 22:44:07)
If they pull a Harambe on me tell my family I love them ~ u/Pwntear37d (AssangeWatch /r/)
make Walrii great again ~ DJ Omnimaga (28.11.2016 23:01:31)
God invented the pc, satan the smartphone I guess ~ p4nix (16.02.2017 22:51:49)

Dream of Omnimaga

Trust me, you don't want to encounter a bear. The issue, though, is that you have to avoid being scared, because if you run away they'll chase you. Backing away slowly apparently works, although I don't know if playing dead does.

Other than bears, if you guys ever come here we should absolutely hang out at MacFly if you don't mind noisy place and the lack of dance music, because they have 70's and 80's arcade machines (although a few of them are usually out of service) and if you buy a drink you can play for free at will as long as you don't start tilting the pinball machines nor putting your drinks on top of them. :3=
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

kotu

The main important thing is to make lots of noise banging trees etc as you walk around, then the bears hear you coming, and they will probably keep away

Running away is bad as they will easily run faster

Also hiding in a tree is no good as they can climb trees  ;)
  • Calculators owned: TI 84+CE-T
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Sega Master System, Sony PlayStation 3
SUBSCRIBE TO THE FUTURERAVE.UK MAILING LIST
http://futurerave.uk

Dream of Omnimaga

I wonder if screaming can help too? The issue, though, is if you can't scream loud enough. And lol I wouldn't want to clib a tree to hide from a bear.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

kotu

Screaming/shouting at the bear was mentioned, i cant exactly remember, i think it's as a last resort. Shouting and making yourself look big (throwing your arms up) i think.
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Sega Master System, Sony PlayStation 3

p4nix

When we were to Canada, my mother bought a bell because in a guide it said this will keep bears away - however, we were laughed at by a friend we visited there. His advice was talking and singing before encountering the bear because this will scare them away - whereas the bell would have made them curious.
  • Calculators owned: fx9860GII (SH4)

Dream of Omnimaga

I guess just talk very loud like during parties and you should be fine unless the cubs are nearby

kotu

I actually have a Bear Grylls DVD where a bear walks into Bear's camp at night when he is asleep, he wakes up and ends up making a run for it lol

Amateur  <_<

Nah Bear Grylls is amazing

I guess you would run if it's at night

p2

Quote from: p4nix on February 23, 2017, 02:03:36 PM
When we were to Canada, my mother bought a bell because in a guide it said this will keep bears away - however, we were laughed at by a friend we visited there. His advice was talking and singing before encountering the bear because this will scare them away - whereas the bell would have made them curious.
I wonder what'd happen if you would sing "Hell's Bells" :trollface:

Isn't it different for different kinds of bears?
Iirc some an climb on trees, some can't, and that playing dead also only works for some special types of bears...? :)
  • Calculators owned: ti-83+, ti-84+, ti-84+, ti-84+se, ti-84+se(te), ti-nsphire, ti-nsphire CAS, ti-nsphire CX-CAS, ti-voyage, ti-voyage, Who reads this list anyways...?
Anyway war sucks. Just bring us your food instead of missiles  :P ~ DJ Omnimaga (11.10.2016 20:21:48)
if you cant get a jframe set up, draw stuff to it, and receive input, i can only imagine how horrible your game code is _._   ~ c4ooo (14.11.2016 22:44:07)
If they pull a Harambe on me tell my family I love them ~ u/Pwntear37d (AssangeWatch /r/)
make Walrii great again ~ DJ Omnimaga (28.11.2016 23:01:31)
God invented the pc, satan the smartphone I guess ~ p4nix (16.02.2017 22:51:49)

kotu

Dream of Omnimaga

kotu