Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

The Hardcore and Old Skool Thread

Started by kotu, August 16, 2016, 06:37:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kotu

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on March 09, 2017, 03:20:15 AM
* DJ Omnimaga pokes a @kotu with this song

hi dj i don't know what to say  since

you minus-repped me i can't believe im on +5/-5 its quite demoralising

i can't even think what that post could have meant except maybe juju is quite fat??

anyway im ok  8)
  • Calculators owned: TI 84+CE-T
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Sega Master System, Sony PlayStation 3
SUBSCRIBE TO THE FUTURERAVE.UK MAILING LIST
http://futurerave.uk

Dream of Omnimaga

Well if you get so mad about a post downvote that you are boycotting CW then I don't know what to say. (the last downvote was because you either seriously or jokingly accused me repeatedly of calling you a toast despite me saying otherwise, and tend to be too pushy about such things, which can get on people's nerves). I edited this post now that I am calmed down but I hope you get what I mean.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

kotu

I am not an actual piece of toast!!

Woo!!

So what
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Sega Master System, Sony PlayStation 3

aetios

Alright guys calm down. @kotu being mad over a downvote is a bit silly, it means nothing really; if you feel that a downvote was unjustified you can just slide it off and/or message one of the 5 staff members that we have (contrary to what might seem I *am* still alive, the easiest way is to poke me via WIRC mention @aeTIos). We'll then sort it out. On the other hand I'm sure you're well aware that sometimes the way you respond is a bit over the top/trollish; you've already been warned for that - keep that in mind. A joke now and then is fine but don't take it too far, especially not when you notice others don't find it funny.

Now, @DJ Omnimaga I think your downvote in the 'what do you look like'-thread is stretching it a bit. Kotu was quite obviously taking @Juju for a spin and not being serious; if maybe a bit spammy and trolly. He definitely did not intend to hurt anyone and your 'false accusation' downvote was a false accusation in itself ; think about that. If you have trouble interpreting someone, ask one of the staff members 'hea what does this here piece of toast mean to say with this' instead of just mashing the downvote button; no one's benefitting from that kind of passive-aggressive behavior.

Now, if this thread can just go back to being quiet (as far as that goes in a thread about hardcore old skool), that'd be great.

signing off
ceci n'est pas une signature

Dream of Omnimaga

The downvote had nothing to do with the remark about Juju.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

aetios

I know that; but if you go and read back (which I recommend you to do) then you'll kotu was just playing around a bit and definitely not intending to hurt you; besides come on, don't get worked up over someone supposedly blaming you for calling him a toaster lmao. Keep in mind that not only kotu, but you as an admin especially are responsible for keeping a healthy atmosphere; not something you achieve by being aggressive. Don't lash out and then complain to the other admins, just report incident and we'll discuss what happens next. No yelling in threads.
ceci n'est pas une signature

Dream of Omnimaga

The problem is that it's incredibly hard to distinguish when Kotu is being serious  or trolling around, and I've seen times where in similar convos he was actually serious or at least partly serious (eg after the KILL CMND first public demo suggestions when he seemed mad and during the Tau vs Pi argument where both him and JWin got mad). And I don't like when people are being pushy about things that were not said (when someone says no, it means no.)

And @aeTIos the first time I reported an incident after the c4ooo ban, nobody even bothered replying IIRC (despite the staff argument about the c4ooo incident having been caused by that lack of communication in the first place), so unless I have nothing else to do and have lots of free time, I partly gave up on reporting incidents.

p2

I understand your position dj but it only gets worse if we don't talk about such stuff.
But I promise that from now on we'll take such stuff more serious :)

:walrii:
  • Calculators owned: ti-83+, ti-84+, ti-84+, ti-84+se, ti-84+se(te), ti-nsphire, ti-nsphire CAS, ti-nsphire CX-CAS, ti-voyage, ti-voyage, Who reads this list anyways...?
Anyway war sucks. Just bring us your food instead of missiles  :P ~ DJ Omnimaga (11.10.2016 20:21:48)
if you cant get a jframe set up, draw stuff to it, and receive input, i can only imagine how horrible your game code is _._   ~ c4ooo (14.11.2016 22:44:07)
If they pull a Harambe on me tell my family I love them ~ u/Pwntear37d (AssangeWatch /r/)
make Walrii great again ~ DJ Omnimaga (28.11.2016 23:01:31)
God invented the pc, satan the smartphone I guess ~ p4nix (16.02.2017 22:51:49)

Dream of Omnimaga

Well I bumped the topic that Street made once in the staff sub-forum as a reminder (regarding communication problems)

Yuki

I just got on and what is this

I think it's one of the weirdest drama I have ever seen...

Oh well let's forget this and go back to our regularly scheduled programme, I don't think @kotu saying weird things is worth it.

One thing though, and that's for @kotu, don't extend the joke past its prime and beat a dead horse. Because this will happen.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

p2

Quote from: Juju on March 09, 2017, 11:10:43 PMBecause this will happen.
Quote from: Juju on March 09, 2017, 11:10:43 PMI think it's one of the weirdest drama I have ever seen...
we are all so weird :ninja:
I love u guys <3

Quote from: Juju on March 09, 2017, 11:10:43 PMdon't extend the joke past its prime and beat a dead horse.
good advice in general
but I didn't know "beat a dead horse" was a valid expression for such cases :ninja:

Edit: In Germany we say "don't keep riding on it forever"  :thumbsup:
  • Calculators owned: ti-83+, ti-84+, ti-84+, ti-84+se, ti-84+se(te), ti-nsphire, ti-nsphire CAS, ti-nsphire CX-CAS, ti-voyage, ti-voyage, Who reads this list anyways...?
Anyway war sucks. Just bring us your food instead of missiles  :P ~ DJ Omnimaga (11.10.2016 20:21:48)
if you cant get a jframe set up, draw stuff to it, and receive input, i can only imagine how horrible your game code is _._   ~ c4ooo (14.11.2016 22:44:07)
If they pull a Harambe on me tell my family I love them ~ u/Pwntear37d (AssangeWatch /r/)
make Walrii great again ~ DJ Omnimaga (28.11.2016 23:01:31)
God invented the pc, satan the smartphone I guess ~ p4nix (16.02.2017 22:51:49)

kotu

Really sorry guys especially @DJ Omnimaga about this, sorry if it was a bit confusing

I really don't mind being called a piece of toast at all (although I know DJ wasn't actually calling me one)

Love it here :)

*edit*
time to get this thread back on track :D

Dream of Omnimaga

On another off-topic note, do you prefer DJ mixes where a MC keeps talking to entertain the crowd or do you prefer mixes with no talking other than the lyrics? I always found myself to prefer the latter, because I hate when I try to listen to an amazing song, only to hear some guy shouting non-stop during it, especially when he drowns out the song volume.

Btw nice song

kotu

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on March 11, 2017, 12:31:00 AM
On another off-topic note, do you prefer DJ mixes where a MC keeps talking to entertain the crowd or do you prefer mixes with no talking other than the lyrics? I always found myself to prefer the latter, because I hate when I try to listen to an amazing song, only to hear some guy shouting non-stop during it, especially when he drowns out the song volume.

Btw nice song

That's an interesting point. Normally when not at a rave I listen to stuff without MCs, but when at a club/rave it seems to keep the crowd's energy going, so is quite good (although some MCs ruin it)

Dream of Omnimaga

My main issue at some venues and fairs here is that the announcer is way too loud when no concert or dj set is playing and we can't even talk to our friends. Sometimes metal bands will talk to the crowd during songs to get them going but at least the sound is usually well balanced. MC's are uncommon here IIRC, though