Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Mazhat's music

Started by mazhat, March 18, 2017, 04:29:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mazhat

I'm not a music guy, and it stands out,
but I think you guys will like my efforts :))
They're only a few seconds long, so you'll get through all of them in under five minutes!

https://soundcloud.com/maz-hat

The list goes in order of my least favourite to favourite.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83Plus, TI-84Plus
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Samsung TAB A (Cheap), DSI, Rasperry PI 3
Sketti

Dream of Omnimaga

Hm I could definitively see those used in a game, especially some RPG. That first song has quite a dark feel to it. My favorite gotta be MOS Opening, though. Glad to see you're doing music too :)
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

mazhat

Yup. The first song was inspired by an RPG called Slaves to Armok: God of blood, it's the predecessor of Dwarf Fortress.

I'm not really a music kinda guy so it's obviously VERY amateur, but thank you :)
I have scrapped probably 10 proto-versions of every song until I got something that sounded correct.
Music is mysteriously difficult, and I commend you for making so much!
  • Calculators owned: TI-83Plus, TI-84Plus
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Samsung TAB A (Cheap), DSI, Rasperry PI 3
Sketti

Dream of Omnimaga

Yeah it's incredibly hard to make something decent. At first I only used premade loops or edited them. Also my early songs often lacked some importsnt elements and structure. The best is to listen to music you like and examine structure. :)
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U