Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Mazhat's Art

Started by mazhat, April 11, 2017, 10:46:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mazhat

EDIT 2018-07-22
I changed the name of the thread.
It was supposed to be a haha funny name,
but it seemed more like extreme self-centrism.
For the curious it was  "My very own art thread".

I don't have a tablet, sorry :^(
Just like you guys I like the occasional doodle,
and now I can share them with all of you :D

Of-course I don't only draw MOS in particular, it's just that my game and concepts are on my pc.

Hope you enjoyed! I'm not really an art guy, so don't expect depth or colour theories or weird-abstract things.

• Calculators owned: TI-83Plus, TI-84Plus
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Samsung TAB A (Cheap), DSI, Rasperry PI 3
Sketti

Yuki

• Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

mazhat

Thank you!
I try to do the best I can.
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Samsung TAB A (Cheap), DSI, Rasperry PI 3
Sketti

Dream of Omnimaga

That art looka really well-done. I also like how you got both HQ and 8 bits style sprites for one of the characters.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

mazhat

Thanks, DJ!
I really love the different ways that things can be made; versatility.
8-bit is just art with restrictions ;^)
Sketti

p2

QuoteI'm a registered Trademark offender
huh?

Looks really nice, I love that art of drawing  :thumbsup:
moar plz ^^
  • Calculators owned: ti-83+, ti-84+, ti-84+, ti-84+se, ti-84+se(te), ti-nsphire, ti-nsphire CAS, ti-nsphire CX-CAS, ti-voyage, ti-voyage, Who reads this list anyways...?
Anyway war sucks. Just bring us your food instead of missiles  :P ~ DJ Omnimaga (11.10.2016 20:21:48)
if you cant get a jframe set up, draw stuff to it, and receive input, i can only imagine how horrible your game code is _._   ~ c4ooo (14.11.2016 22:44:07)
If they pull a Harambe on me tell my family I love them ~ u/Pwntear37d (AssangeWatch /r/)
make Walrii great again ~ DJ Omnimaga (28.11.2016 23:01:31)
God invented the pc, satan the smartphone I guess ~ p4nix (16.02.2017 22:51:49)

mazhat

@p2 You asked for it, you got it!
I recently got a drawing tablet, so now I'm free to do whatever!

The last two are posters for my TI-83 game!
I'm stuck on collisions, I've only ever done tile-based collision, but it can't be too hard :^)
Sketti

Dream of Omnimaga

You could definitively re-use those in a web comic or something. They look very good. :)
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Decon Theed

I am thoroughly impressed by your artwork, mazhat; it's extremely expressive, cartoony, and for lack of better terminology "loose bodied", all of which makes it incredibly appealing in my book. Definitely keep at it, and definitely keep sharing it- I know I'd like to see more! :)
I listened to Techno just once, and my entire life fell to pieces instantly.

mazhat

Oh boy, my confidence has sky-rocketed!
Thanks for the wonderful words, guys.
I could try a small web comic, dj, but I want to
learn how to do backgrounds before i try anything fancy.

Loose bodied is a very nice description of what I'm aiming for. Spot on!
Sketti

p2

Indeed they look really great :) also don't forget to draw a beautiful chubby walrus <3
  • Calculators owned: ti-83+, ti-84+, ti-84+, ti-84+se, ti-84+se(te), ti-nsphire, ti-nsphire CAS, ti-nsphire CX-CAS, ti-voyage, ti-voyage, Who reads this list anyways...?
Anyway war sucks. Just bring us your food instead of missiles  :P ~ DJ Omnimaga (11.10.2016 20:21:48)
if you cant get a jframe set up, draw stuff to it, and receive input, i can only imagine how horrible your game code is _._   ~ c4ooo (14.11.2016 22:44:07)
If they pull a Harambe on me tell my family I love them ~ u/Pwntear37d (AssangeWatch /r/)
make Walrii great again ~ DJ Omnimaga (28.11.2016 23:01:31)
God invented the pc, satan the smartphone I guess ~ p4nix (16.02.2017 22:51:49)

Dream of Omnimaga

I agree that a :walrii: made in that style would be awesome.

mazhat

I think you guys will be happy to know that there's is a cameo of a special someone,
somewhere in here if you have eagle eyes ;) (though it doesn't do much justice to him)
Sketti

mazhat

@DJ Omnimaga
To continue on a previous thought , if I ever made a comic it would look like the above.
Comics take a long time to draw and colour, so it would focus on story rather than looks.
This page took me a while to complete even without sketches and such.
Sketti

Dream of Omnimaga