Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

General site updates, TODO list and discussion

Started by Dream of Omnimaga, November 12, 2014, 07:18:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

False and lies, I haven't forgotten about the forum! DX

But yeah, as we're closer and more direct on Telegram, it doesn't help to stay active here.
  • Calculators owned: A lot.

Dream of Omnimaga

Yeah the lower activity resulting from Telegram is what I was refering to and the risk that some users actually quit foruma in favor of instant messenging.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Dream of Omnimaga

-Calculator collection profile field added (max text lenght: 1000). Your calculator collection will appear right above your signature.

-Signature, attachment and custom profile field CSS also edited to take less height.

-This http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2285 was also added to the forums, so now when you view the topic list you can see a list of all attachments in it. A link was also added in every topic besides the Short URL thing for easier access.

• Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Snektron

Is there something to have the correct time for every time zone in posts? Something like [time=19:00] and it automatically changes to the user's
time zone or is this a bad idea?
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

novenary

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: Cumred_Snektron on March 15, 2015, 07:24:25 PM
Is there something to have the correct time for every time zone in posts? Something like [time=19:00] and it automatically changes to the user's
time zone or is this a bad idea?
Nice idea indeed. But we need to ensure it's not confusing

Snektron

Maybe some prefix like (local time) before it

novenary

Or a small clock sprite. Hover it to know the time for you time zone, but keep the actual time the person posted displayed.

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

Bonus point if you load different spirtes/infos as the time offset changes.

Snektron

oh that would be cool actually, but thats also a lot of work :P

Dream of Omnimaga

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

I'm full of these, most of them are stupid but I can have genius moments sometimes.

Snektron

In emergency cases you can always use a little canvas and some JS

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

Huh, no thanks, JS is giving me allergies and a canvas to draw a clock where a CSS spritesheet could be enough seems overkill.

Snektron

CSS is giving ME allergies >.< ( or it could just be the "spring")