Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

[Minecraft] [HP Prime] MinePrime - Minecraft on a Hp Prime!

Started by alexgt, April 20, 2015, 12:22:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unicorn

Quote from: alexgt on July 24, 2015, 01:38:51 PM
Quote from: Unicorn on July 24, 2015, 02:33:05 AM
Oooo Anyways, tomorrow'll be big :) With screenshots.
I have actually run into a road block :-\ even when I do WAIT(0.001) the game still freezes because it has to run through the loop many times to move a block so the simple method of making it wait 0.001 seconds per loop cycle is just way too long (I even tried my UTILPACK milisecind timer and it still froze). So  need to relearn my code and almost completely revamp the timing :(
Uh oh....

I should, the main question is whether I can make the PC version of the game because as of now you die instantly on PC <_<
Uh oh again... It that because of the roadblock?
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

alexgt

^ Fixed download on the Nagoji topic
  • Calculators owned: Ti-84+, Ti-Nspire, Hp Prime, Broken HP Prime, HP 48SX

Dream of Omnimaga

If you are trying to slow down the game to run at the same speed on all platforms, you need to use TICKS. It returns the current calculator time in milliseconds. Once you are done rendering the following frame, do TICKS again. Then you run a WAIT command, but you substract the value of the two TICKS from the total wait time. Or maybe something like that.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Snektron

You can also make and update loop and render loop, where the render loop runs at max power, and the update loop runs at for example 1/30th of a sec
(This technique is used in pc games and such too :3)
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

alexgt

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on July 26, 2015, 04:26:27 AM
If you are trying to slow down the game to run at the same speed on all platforms, you need to use TICKS. It returns the current calculator time in milliseconds. Once you are done rendering the following frame, do TICKS again. Then you run a WAIT command, but you substract the value of the two TICKS from the total wait time. Or maybe something like that.
Quote from: Cumred_Snektron on July 26, 2015, 09:20:36 AM
You can also make and update loop and render loop, where the render loop runs at max power, and the update loop runs at for example 1/30th of a sec
(This technique is used in pc games and such too :3)
It is fixed but the problem was that I had a delay of 900+LEVEL*25 (in other words I made my own WAIT() function) so even if I delayed it 1 millisecond per loop it would delay it much more so I just increased 900 to ~15000 :3

Unicorn

So do we have to wait 2 weeks for a screenshot?
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

alexgt

It has been very busy for me (tommorow I am leaving for my Uncles house again to straighten out some stuff and will be back sunday and then possibly taking a road trip with my friends <_<) I am very sorry for the delay but there is not much I can do about it :(

Dream of Omnimaga

You should convince your friends to do a road trip to Quebec if they don't mind french :P

Can't wait for your return but nice to see you again nonetheless :walrii:
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Unicorn

eh, ots fine. Have a great time on your roadtrip though!

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

alexgt

Thanks, So next week possibly today I will get some screenies out (How many times have I said that before <_< :P)

Dream of Omnimaga

As long as you aren't on a permanent road trip and out of school for 2 years or something :P

Good luck

iso

New here and just reviewed the entire thread, it's really great to see how much progress has been made. It's very impressive.
  • Calculators owned: TI-84 Plus Silver Edition

alexgt

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on August 21, 2015, 08:56:16 PM
As long as you aren't on a permanent road trip and out of school for 2 years or something :P

Good luck
Lol :P

Quote from: iso on August 22, 2015, 03:16:44 PM
New here and just reviewed the entire thread, it's really great to see how much progress has been made. It's very impressive.
Hey, and welcome to the forums do you have a Prime? also thanks ;)

iso

I don't have a Prime, just my trusty TI-84 Plus Silver Edition.
  • Calculators owned: TI-84 Plus Silver Edition

Dream of Omnimaga

You should download the HP Prime emulator at ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/calculators/Prime/ :D (it's free but it's Windows-only) since it would probably let you play this game (providing alexgt added speed limits or timers, otherwise the game will run much faster than on the real calc and become unplayable)