Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

[School project] Stress-o-matic

Started by ordelore, October 19, 2015, 10:45:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ordelore

Here's a request for people to check my work for school.
This is a video game (More of an interactive fiction) I made for health class explaining stress and how to deal with it.
The beginning survey is completely confidential or you can use random numbers if you want.
[Waiting for file attachment to be approved by a mod]
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+SE, TI_Nspire CX
Calc Wars is still alive (I hope)

novenary

Approved. I tried to run it in wine but it crashed after I answered a bunch of questions (maybe all of them) so I can't really give you any feedback.

Dream of Omnimaga

Is it me or is the only option available "Yes"? I am a bit confused ???
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

novenary

Yeah you just check the box for yes or leave it blank for no.

ordelore

Thanks for the feedback, guys.

Dream of Omnimaga

What does the above mean?
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

ordelore

It means that I got 45 out of a possible 40 points on that assignment.

alexgt

Awesome! glad you got tat grade, what class is it for?

Also I will check it out when I am not on my chromebook ;) (it cannot run .exe formats <_<)
  • Calculators owned: Ti-84+, Ti-Nspire, Hp Prime, Broken HP Prime, HP 48SX

ordelore

This was designed for health class

alexgt

I like it ;) I got A "Life is Good" but after playing it a while I got the stress to 0 ^.^ great game :)

Dream of Omnimaga

Congrats ordelore. That said, I am not sure if the test is 100% accurate regarding stress levels, since the first time I took it I had an high level of stress, yet it still said life is good :P

alexgt

Yeah it might need some more day to day activities that could add/ subtract to the stress level

Dream of Omnimaga

I'm thinking more of a way to specify if a particular event stressed us out more than usual. For example, if someone only checks divorce and someone else checks changes at work, then the first person will most likely be much more stressed out than the second in most cases.

alexgt

Yeah, I wonder if that is actually programmed into it already?

ordelore

The test is based on something I did in health class already, I used it since I had it readily available.
I only had that many possibilities because I knew my teacher would use it ~10 minutes.
Remember, no one test can measure your stress.