Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

[TI-83+ Series][Axe] 3 Pixels Tall

Started by CKH4, April 23, 2015, 12:37:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CKH4

This project is dead but you can find the source attached to this post. If you have any questions please ask and I will do my best to help you with them. The source likely is not in working condition but there should be some comments telling the direction that the game was going.

Old post:

So this is my first large project, and it'll hopefully be awesome! In case I don't finish I'll have the source openly available most of the time ( I hope ), so when I do upload it feel free to suggest changes / optimization.

So far the story is you're a person represented by a 3 pxl line ( so no story at all ).

What the final game will hopefully look like:

Dialogues:

Possible Water tile ( I'll probably lighten it by 1 ):

I might change the name to 3px person or 3 pxl person or 3 pixels tall so which name do you think is the best?
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+, TI-84+

Snektron

Ooh, thats quite promesing. I hope you'll be able to finish it because that would be awesome
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

CKH4

Thanks, I hope I finish it too, also you have 1300 posts now ( DJ 2.0? ). Here's an example of the pxltest collision for the house:

Snektron

Looks cool :D. And indeed 1300 posts (and second place in top ;D)... but i'm no way a DJ :P... yet

Dream of Omnimaga

Seems pretty nice so far. For the pixel collision do you use an extra layer? For Supersonic Ball I used an extra layer of plain black tiles instead of actual sprites.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

CKH4

Right now I just test if the pxl is on on the main buffer but in theory I would use L1 or some other storage for plain black sprites for collisions.

alexgt

Looks cool it is in Axe I presume?

Can't wait to see more :)
  • Calculators owned: Ti-84+, Ti-Nspire, Hp Prime, Broken HP Prime, HP 48SX

CKH4

Yep its Axe, I should have some new stuff this weekend hopefully.

alexgt

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: CKH4 on April 23, 2015, 07:56:40 PM
Right now I just test if the pxl is on on the main buffer but in theory I would use L1 or some other storage for plain black sprites for collisions.
Does it quickly flash between those black graphics and the grayscale ones for pixel test collision right now or do you only have pixel collision enabled when the black graphics are?
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Snektron

Maybe he just doesn't update the display

CKH4

Yep I don't update the display, since its Axe you can specify which buffer you want to draw stuff to or pxl test on. If any of you have ideas for the story that would be great but so far I'm leaning towards the title 3 pixels tall. The story would be all the sudden you wake up in a world where you are 3 pixels tall and a series of notes ( or other form of mysterious communication ) lead you to a portal which takes you back to your world. I'm lost for ideas on anything past that.

alexgt

Quote from: CKH4 on April 24, 2015, 11:55:24 AM
Yep I don't update the display, since its Axe you can specify which buffer you want to draw stuff to or pxl test on. If any of you have ideas for the story that would be great but so far I'm leaning towards the title 3 pixels tall. The story would be all the sudden you wake up in a world where you are 3 pixels tall and a series of notes ( or other form of mysterious communication ) lead you to a portal which takes you back to your world. I'm lost for ideas on anything past that.
What is if lead you back to the person that left the notes and he was the final boss?

CKH4

Thanks for the idea, I don't know how the battle engine will work yet but I will try to make that work.

alexgt

You could have a super geek brother that hates you and put you in a game then tries to mess with you that would be cool.