Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Game mock-up graphics and ideas

Started by tr1p1ea, February 08, 2015, 06:49:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TIfanx1999

Sprites in progress:

alexgt

Ooo, that looks really good :) I need some house sprites for Nagoji 320x240
  • Calculators owned: Ti-84+, Ti-Nspire, Hp Prime, Broken HP Prime, HP 48SX

Unicorn

• Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Dream of Omnimaga

I like them Art of Camelot. :D The first ones would fit well in a Zelda-like perspective and the other ones reminds me a bit of Golden Sun, for some reasons.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U
Now active at https://discord.gg/cuZcfcF (CodeWalrus server)

TIfanx1999

Thanks guys. Some of them did turn out Zelda-like. They are actually loosely based on stripped down versions of houses from Crystalis. They started off from another project that was using 16x16 tiles, but they got shrunk down to this and modified to account for the smaller space (8x8). Here's are the 16x16 ones i was originally using: Also, funny enough, both styles of houses are from Crystalis (see second attachment for the original nes game).

Dream of Omnimaga

Oh I liked Crystalis. I got it for the NES. THe only problem is that every single dungeon and cavern looked identical, except colors. :)
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U
Now active at https://discord.gg/cuZcfcF (CodeWalrus server)

Snektron

Sweet art :D i really like them. Are you going tomake something with it too?
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

TIfanx1999

Thanks. Right now it just concept art, but I'm wanting to actually develop it into something. So, we'll see. :D

Unicorn

Ooo that color version of the houses is very nice. I wonder if you'll let @alexgt use them in his RPG?
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

TIfanx1999

The color houses aren't mine. They're from an old NES game called Crystalis.

Unicorn

Quote from: Art_of_camelot on July 24, 2015, 10:01:04 PM
They color houses aren't mine. They're from an old NES game called Crystalis.
Oh, pretend I didn't say that :P  :ninja:

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

TIfanx1999

A little bit more work and an early mock-up.

Snektron

Oh sweet :3 i like the side menu. Maybe you can make it pop up when stats change / you press a button. That would be pretty sweet
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

TIfanx1999

As things are right now it's going to be a permanent fixture that displays status.

*Edit* now with some test grass tiles so it doesn't look so plain.

Unicorn

Hmm, I should kinda make those grass tiles a little bigger for @alexgt....

??? ??? ??? ??? ???